Colt letters

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by FrankG, Nov 30, 2018.

1. FrankG

FrankG Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 24, 2018
    FYI to everyone..time-wise seems Colt is taking about 3 months to get a letter out. I ordered letters for my 1903 and Police Positive on Aug 31st. Called Colt yesterday and was advised they were getting to the letters next week for those ordered end of August. The wait goes on.

wcanterbury likes this.
  2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    That is a lot quicker than last year. It took mine seven months and a few days to arrive

Colt Archive Letter - Argentine Model of 1927.jpg

3. FrankG

FrankG Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 24, 2018
    7 months?? Guess I shouldn’t complain. I was toying with ordering letters for my other two Colts but not sure. My Colt Argentine Model 1927 Model numbers don’t match (frame # off by 3 digits), 1918 Colt pretty sure of the shipping. So not sure if worth the $. I don’t know.

4. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Yep--Beverly is the only one that does this and she has to research everyone and the information from different people and departments sometimes doing the research on her own. Sat next to her at dinner one night she is a very nice, funny and pleasant lady!

5. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    How much is it to have one lettered now? The only one I'd have any interest in lettering would be my '48 Commercial Gov't but it would just be to satisfy some curiosity about the gun's background. It was customized by King's in the '70s so the information wouldn't add any value to it, just a bit of novelty.

6. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/...chive+Properties+2016+Price+List+rev+9_16.pdf

7. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
  8. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Wow. A few years ago I got one for my 1991 Gold Cup Commander. I was told three months and got it in 2. They did not charge my credit card till just before they sent it however.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted