Colt M1911 45 1967 'Second Battle of Marne' SHOOTER!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Karl Beining, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Karl Beining

Karl Beining Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 8, 2015
    This Colt screams to have some light work done to maintain the classic M1911 lines and features to make a great Classic carry or BBQ gun.

This is a 1967 Colt made to commemorate the Second Battle of Marne in WWI. It is a shooter, reportedly carried by a County Sheriff. Has some bluing wear you'd expect, and old dead MMC night sights. Fantastic trigger and puts them in one hole at 10 paces. . .

I need to re-home this before it sneaks into the 'keeper' safe.

Generally you find these in mint condition with fancy wood display cases etc priced 13-1600

I'm at $850 shipped on this

IMG_8746.JPG IMG_8747.JPG IMG_8748.JPG IMG_8749.JPG IMG_8750.JPG

GIJoke, xerts1191, RazorBurn and 6 others like this.
  2. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I've known about these 50 year WW1 commemoratives for a good while now. They've always struck me as a great way to get a pre-A1 gun with zero MIM built the old school way they did before unions and strikes got involved with production. And, as above, they can be had at reasonable prices as long you don't mind the engraving. They were four different versions, each commemorating a different key WW1 battle.

3. Karl Beining

Oct 8, 2015

Yes sir, about one of the best pre A1 Colt you can buy, modern metallurgy and hardened slide, but still built and finished like a late 60's Colt.

WC145 and [email protected] like this.
  4. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Yeah, I've always thought they were real sleepers on the classic Colt market. It wasn't so long ago you could find unfired examples in the $1200 range.

5. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
  6. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    I have one, and will attest that is a shooter...the sights on this are a significant improvement even if they depart from classic. mine hits where it's pointed (assuming you can be sure where that is!)

7. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Man I so shouldn’t, last thing I need is another Colt base gun to search for a smith to do a build on but damn that is pretty and my birth year and C&R so eligible here in PRK grrr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

UBOATDOC and Karl Beining like this.
  8. Karl Beining

Oct 8, 2015

You don't need to search far Simon, let me know what you want done and I'd be happy to cut it up for ya ;-)

Mike Meints, UBOATDOC, Whiten and 2 others like this.
  9. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Way to enable, Karl!!:thumbs:

10. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    My Goodness, Karl, you have some nice items!!!!!

Karl Beining likes this.
  11. Karl Beining

Oct 8, 2015
  12. RazorBurn

RazorBurn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    If we weren't taking a Disney World vacation in three weeks, then Christmas rapidly approaching on top of saving up money for a new gun safe I would so be on this. I wish it was for sale a few months down the road as I would be on it like white on rice! :D

Best of luck with your sale!

simonp and Karl Beining like this.
  13. Karl Beining

Oct 8, 2015

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted