Colt Making A Move

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bugs, Dec 2, 2011.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I wonder if the tax structure, union complications, or price of real estate was the prime motive behind this...if not all equally so. Strange to see this old Hartford name so far south.

2. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Absolutely sheepdog. The most business friendly states are FL,NV,TX, and SC.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Right to work state. All of the south is. Unions will either destroy this nation or go the way of the dinasours. Lets hope the latter.

4. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    :amen: :thumb:

5. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Seems we agree a bunch on stuff there EB. We aren't long separated twins are we. :rofl2:

6. simulatedjim

simulatedjim New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    As long as the Osama bunch doesn't try to sue!

7. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    I am always all for a buisness making moves based in the US and employing Americans. I don't care where it is. GO COLT

8. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can't wait til they get here, then I can drive to the factory. They will be @ 2hours from my home in SW Florida. I think we will be seeing a lot of mfg companies moving south to escape the liberal Madness of higher taxes, higher utilities and overpaid union flunkies. COLT WELCOME TO THE GUNSHINE STATE.

9. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    F unions and I mean every single one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith

Sep 11, 2011
    I said the same thing LK about Winchester when they announced they were "going out of business" only to open up a couple of years later in the Carolinas...They HAD to get out of the North East because the Unions were killing them. I say good for Colt. I hope they have good business success in Florida!

11. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Winchester has a plant in MISS. making ammo now I'm pretty sure. Am I wrong.

12. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I agree. I live in Ct. but the people running this state suck. To much famly to leave at thie time, new granddaughter born on Dec 1st..Thats the forth grandkid and another due in May.

13. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Damn old man I only have three grandsons. Ya got me beat unless my youngest son fires up soon LOL

14. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Actually,I'm surprised Colt stayed as long as it did in a historically anti-2nd amendment state as it did.

Good move guys! :thumb:

DAT85

15. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I was suprised to find,there are still alot of old yankees that are not giving up there guns. There used to be alot of firearms co. here, but they are getting taxed right out of the state.
    Yup limbkiller I'm old but still kicking ass and taking names.lol Good luck with your youngest.......

16. AlchemyCustomWeaponry

AlchemyCustomWeaponry Crabby Old Gunsmith

Nov 4, 2011
    In the early 1990's Springfield Armory here in Illinois had trouble with the Union. Some jackasses got the union in there, and it took Springfield going belly up and re-structuring just to get rid of them. Nobody made any more money, or got more benefits. The union did collect their dues however.

17. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    even though companies are relocating, they are having to battle to NLRB just to get started. Boeing is having a hard time because of these folks here in SC.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted