Colt Colt-Marvel 1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Marine24, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Marine24

Marine24 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Really need to stop going to Cabelas for lunch. It is located next to the Gun Library and there must be some force of nature that just pulls folks in to the Library.

Picked up a Colt Series 80 1911 that had a Marvel Unit 1 conversion unit with the picatinny rail and compensator. The Unit 1 was installed on the Colt grip frame with the 45 ACP slide and barrel sitting inside the case.

They have a Dan Wesson Valor in the case for $1299 with an additional 10% off that caught my eye unit I saw this one. Seems they had just bought a person's Colt Collection but vast majority was revolvers. Three nice Cobras for less than $600 and a number of New Service revolvers.

I owned one previously be never was interested swapping slides on my 1911 so it sat unused until I sold it. I'll get pics up shortly but have a range trip planned during lunch today. We'll see how the Marvel shoots.

Blue Ridge and WC145 like this.
  2. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Sounds like a great catch!

3. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Waiting on the shooting pics....

4. Marine24

Apr 7, 2015
    It is a shooter but must be springed for HV ammo. Standard velocity rounds turned it in to a single shot but ran like a champ with CCI mini-mags and Aquila ammo.

Didn't think to get to get pictures of the target, but all that would show is how bad of a shot I am, as opposed to its capability.

Adjustable rear sights are a pain, literally. Sharp corners will grab you. Mine doesn't have their latest lockback on last round feature, so you need to manually lock back the slide. Little different from a 1911 since the top portion of the slide is fixed and you have to contend with the rear sights locking it back.

Fun little gun. Would really be interesting putting a suppressor on it.

5. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
  6. Marine24

Apr 7, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC145 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted