1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these? How do they compare to the earlier 01918 reproductions with the WWI serial numbers. I know the finishes are different. The older version was a 70 series reproduction. IIRC.

Are the new ones just a O1911C with different rollmarks? I the new 01911C seems to be a 80 series 70 series hybrid. They have the smaller barrel hood. Lowered ejection port. They also have the a new rollmark but have 80 series features like the fully milled slide stop cut out.

Are the 01911Ms the same base gun with different rollmarks? If you were going to use one as a base gun and the cost was the same would you use a 01911M or a 01918. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on if you want the trigger area scallop or not.
Good catch. I imagine that if I went with the 01918 I could have a smith scallop the trigger area when I build the gun. I am interested to hear from anyone who has seen or worked on both examples. I am looking to do a bit of a sleeper build and want the 1918 rollmark. If I was doing a more full blown build I would probably just use a 01911C with the new rollmarks.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can’t figure out what Colt was thinking leaving the pony off the slide on the O1911M.

Dumb.
I agree. The the 01918s look better.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Don't have any interest in the new ones. I have a O1911 (WMK serial number or "blue" one) and the O1918 (WWI serial number or "black" one). They are lovely pistols. Bought them when they came out so were not THAT pricey.

It would be interesting if the new one has a true half cock. I know in other new "Series 70" Colts that there is the quarter shelf but no true half cock. Easy enough to test. Just pull the hammer back a bit till locks (empty pistol of course) and then press the trigger. If it drops then quarter shelf or I guess a bad half cock notch.

·
Premium Member
31,207 Posts
Good catch. I imagine that if I went with the 01918 I could have a smith scallop the trigger area when I build the gun. I am interested to hear from anyone who has seen or worked on both examples. I am looking to do a bit of a sleeper build and want the 1918 rollmark. If I was doing a more full blown build I would probably just use a 01911C with the new rollmarks.
I wouldn’t add the scallops.....looks better without them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.