Colt Colt Original CCO Info wanted

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by 1911B, Apr 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 1911B

1911B New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    I happened upon a pawnshop deal on a Colt CCO, after looking up the serial on Colt website says manuf. 1997. I am trying to fight against keeping as original for collector value or making it my own. I like the way it points and feels. Even though it is in excellent condition, I am leaning toward obviously replacing some components like the trigger, grips and probably gunkoting or polishing the slide flats maybe. I am looking for info on value, how many were made etc. My research showed only made for a couple of years and I cannot find any for sale currently anywhere online to get a current value. Anyone here have one and had it customized. Please provide details. Thanks

Karl Beining likes this.
  2. Karl Beining

Karl Beining Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 8, 2015

Since Colt brought the CCO back in the Wiley Clapp Lineup the 'original's' have leveled off in the 1000 and under range, I would not hesitate in the least to cut it up. does it have the goofy rear sight like this? That may be a small stumbling block for you if so. . .

[​IMG]

3. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013
    Yeah, make it your own. A long time until that will be close to collectable or valuable in any meaningful way.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    simonp and Karl Beining like this.
  4. 1911B

1911B New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Yes still has goofy sight. I dont plan on replacing sight. I dont even know if anyone make replacements

Karl Beining likes this.
  5. 1911B

1911B New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    I plan on maybe KG gunkoting the slide black, as I am not fan of two tone

6. 1911B

1911B New Member

Jan 29, 2019
  7. Howe45acp

Howe45acp Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I have one with the goofy rear sight. Trijicon sells a direct replacement set of night sights for them.
    I know mine has the Caspian BTGS like shown above.
    The sights I believe are from Cmore. Don’t quote me on that tho.

Karl Beining likes this.
  8. SRTCOP

SRTCOP Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Buy it (especially if you can acquire it at or under $8 large), customize it to your specs, and shoot the dickens out of it. It will be worth much more built by one of the premier smiths than it would be worth in stock condition. And DITCH that rear sight! They make great carry guns.

See this post re: original Colt CCO customized by Master Yost:

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/yost-custom-concealed-carry-officer-cco.48671/

simonp and Karl Beining like this.
  9. theJanitor

theJanitor Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2014
    The Wiley Clapp CCO is a much better starting point for a custom, IMO. The frontstrap checkering, the MSH rounding and checkering, the magwell bevel, and the novak cut slide are worth a ton.

But it's a LW, if that's not your preference.

Howe45acp, simonp and Karl Beining like this.
  10. Howe45acp

Jul 2, 2017
    My Colt C.C.O. Is a lightweight. It has the “stainless” finish on the frame with stainless slide.
    It has some issues with the Barrel fit. The locking lugs are rounded at the edges & the rear frame sits proud of the slide when in battery.
    Other then that, it’s a nice gun.
    It’s nowhere near as nice as my Colt Clapp CCO.

11. 1911B

1911B New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Thanks everyone for the info will post any upgrades as well as once I have taken to range

12. Howe45acp

Jul 2, 2017
    Oh 1 thing I forgot to add was the Extractor is mim. I’m not sure how long Colt used mim Extractors but mine had it.
    I can’t remember what year mine was made, I will try to look tomorrow for build date & s/n.

13. 1911B

1911B New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Ok thanks

14. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
  15. Bradd_D

Bradd_D Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2019
    I say cut it up and make it your own, but I'm not a collector.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted