1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Mixed feelings about this.

IF done right, this could be awesome and possibly return older pythons to prices not in the stratosphere. If done wrong, lousy workmanship, cheap parts and crappy QC, put a final death nail in the Colt coffin; and really put the older python pricing higher. Hold em if you got em.

I suppose it was inevitable given their current woes to try to gain off their heritage.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mixed feelings about this.

IF done right, this could be awesome and possibly return older pythons to prices not in the stratosphere. If done wrong, lousy workmanship, cheap parts and crappy QC, put a final death nail in the Colt coffin; and really put the older python pricing higher. Hold em if you got em.

I suppose it was inevitable given their current woes to try to gain off their heritage.
I'm really hoping they are good quality, I'd love to get one and not pay really high price the older ones cost. I also hope a Iconic company like Colt can right the ship and return to being a major player in the gun world again. Alot of hoping going on so well see. Haha

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Certainly, a low serial number will mean more collectible if they are solid. I would not do it, but guaranteed someone will.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks for the video. Colt Sales guy said the right things...let’s see if they can back it up. Certainly plausible.

I would like to hold a 4.25” but not sure when or if it will come to my state. Our AG sucks like that.

Reactions: Jollyroger1

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Hammer looks MIM. You can see the mold line.

Reactions: Jollyroger1

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Interesting, Mfg suggested retail is $1499.
Banking on the name or is it worth it?
Don’t have any revolvers right now, last one I had was a Korth/Nighthawk Sky Hawk. Just trying to see if this one would be a good option.

Reactions: FWoo45 and SparkyAZ

·
Banned
4,168 Posts
There were several interesting comments by the Colt guy in the video concerning the "re-engineering" of many of the internal components to eliminate the timing issues that the vintage Colts possessed. Although I have not owned Colt snake guns for quite a few years, that is one of the main reasons that I prefer a S&W wheelie to the vintage Colts... I could work on them if needed. Find a local smiff who will work on a Colt with timing issues. Near impossible today.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I think S&W should bring back their line of revolvers w/o the Hillary hole, While I have a 6" blue Python in 99% shape, I like my S&W pre-locks better. The 6" stainless Python looks nice, I'd have to hold one in person before I pulled the trigger on one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.