1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Addicts: as you may know, I regularly post an old Colt for sale that has been totally refinished, straightened and beautified generally. What happens is: I send the base gun to builder, they store it for months, when they’re ready to start it they take a close look, realize that the roll marks need work in order to survive slide polishing, send it off for that and wait weeks or months for it to get back. Then when it’s back, if they’re not already knee deep into another project, they resume the build. In an effort to cut down on that I want to send batches to an engraver. I need names and I know about Clevinger and he’s got a batch of mine already. The man is good but I get the sense he’s buried. Anybody else good out there who won’t mind doing roll marks? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
@pistolwretch has someone he used on my builds - he may be willing to share his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
886 Posts
Do they do them deeper than it would have looked from the factory? Colt was shallow on most I have seen.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Not sure if he does 1911 Colts but Turnbull does lots of roll mark work on old rifles and revolvers.
He may be able to do the colt slides also.
Worth a call or email I would think.

·
Vendor
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the suggestions. I just noticed the responses for first time , apparently I had notifications turned off! Thanks again gentlemen. I’ll give these guys a call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts