1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a big fan of the SCGs as people on here I am certain have seen. Not too long ago I was within a blued 38 super of having one of each model in each caliber. Than I decided that was a bit extreme/found other guns I wanted more and slowly reduced down to a single special combat carry. I also sold off because I have gotten to the point where I really don't like adjustable sights on a 1911. Just personal preference.

My carry model was made in 2009. I just put money down on one made in 2014. I also have a friend who has one made in 2007. There is 66 guns between his 07 and my 09 and 102 between my 09 and my 2014. So based off of serial numbers, which aren't quite exact, in 7.5 years they built 168 SCG carry models based off the test target dates. I knew they didn't make a ton of them but that surprised me.

For comparisons sake. I have seen 2 tone SCGs that were about 200 apart that were built about a year and a half apart.

I know pics....

Colt-Special-Combat-Government-Carry-Pistol-O1970CY-45-ACP_101392881_6789_FC918684A6C95743.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Any chance you have seen the string I started yesterday on the Special Combat Government? These guns intrigue me due to the difference in runs/models. The two tones are sweet looking but a straight up blue on posted by bnaples in the string are beautiful. Front strap checkering is what I am looking for!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at one point on the 2009 one. It wasn't Dave as it was just before he started. Will have to check.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found a carry at a shop in 2013 identical to the one you just got. It became an instant grail gun for me. The guys at the shop didn't even really understand what it was and thought it was $2200 just because it said Colt on it. The Wiley Clapp next to it felt like a rattle trap compared to the royal blue stallion. I've never seen another carry in a shop since then, only the competition models.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2009 model was found in a remote gunstore in the Texas Panhandle. Only one I have ever seen in a gun shop. That includes looking for a few years at collectors firearms in Houston. Technically the one I just bought comes from a gunstore in Virginia but I found it on gunsinternational.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
This is great info on these, thanks to all of y'all for passing it on !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts