Colt special combat Carry

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Yoemen66, Jan 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Yoemen66

Yoemen66 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2017
    You find the most amazing things at times in small out of the way gun shops. Example- this guy. I walked into the TwoCanCarry gunshop in small west Texas county with less the 800 people in the whole county and spy a Colt Special Combat sitting in the case that had been there since it arrived from Colt in winter 2011. Seven years it has set in that case according to Percy, the fine gentleman proprietor of the shop who like so many of us in this part of the world would fit well in an Ace Reid Cowpokes comic.

Anyway in 2011 Colt Custom Shop smith #2 built this beautiful all blue carry model. It s This is prior to the change over to V10 grips or whatever brand colt puts on the scgs. Typically I have not been a fan of the older style grips but these black ones look nice. I could be wrong, but I think it has nicer polish then my newer ones. I have an all blue competition model Dave built when he was at CCS that is outstanding as well.

Anyway I decided to take my 3 .45 SCGs out to the range today and they lived up to the hype....as long as I didn't push the gun to the left with my trigger finger. Anyway pics below all of these were shot 20 yards off hand and it was a blast to run 300 rds through these bad boys.

The head shot target below is with the carry at 20 yds. The one with the number 8 is the two tone and the 7 is the blue comp model. All at 20 yds standing off hand.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    ronin11, gaijin, john_anch_ak and 9 others like this.
  2. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Putting those guns together was a lot of fun. Shooting them afterwards was even more fun. Those guns can run and the CCS NM barrels are pretty spectacular.

I couldn’t believe they paid me to go there.

3. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    My carry version is about ten years old and a absolutely fabulous gun. I don't know who put it together but they had mad skills!

4. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Very cool! I wouldn't mind having one of those in Hard Chrome....

5. Yoemen66

Aug 10, 2017
    I have a 38 super one in hard chrome.

Old Sea Dragon and 1L26 like this.
  6. puddi_nugget

puddi_nugget Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Jealous! Those Special Combat Carry's are awesome - so sad that they are discontinued.

7. Yoemen66

Aug 10, 2017
    Yeah the number of SCGs period available for sale even on GB keeps going down. If you want one might want to consider grabbing one.

8. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I'm glad I got mine. This thread motivated me to pull it out of the safe. I carried it the last five years of my career. It shoots fabulously and I was very happy that my five foot nothing daughter enjoyed shooting it as well!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted