1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoughts on this piece? I am really liking the two tone look and has some nice features. Anyone have one and wish to comment? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I don’t have one but have owned some recent production Colts.

It’s a good looking 1911, but I’m not understanding why this one doesn’t have a checkered or otherwise textured front strap at this price point.

And they show as out of stock on the Colt website, which doesn’t mean there aren’t some out there.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
View attachment 426191 I have a SCG carry. It's a nice gun but kinda hard to find. My only complaint is that the edges of the slide and the ejection port are sharp.
Appreciate the input, the two tone one has been calling me, but the blue one from bnaples above is perrtie :) and it has the checkered front strap. I am in search of a low mileage one !
That is a good looking blaster right there

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
There is a thread on this already somewhere. These guns are good except two major traits that I don’t care for:
1) bomar sights hanging over slide
2) no front strap checkering

there are older models that have Novak’s and checkering and the newer ones apparently all have front strap checkering. The rear bomars hanging off the slide doesn’t bother some people but it annoys the heck out of me

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I just purchased one from Bud's, their photo shows old model with smooth front strap. New ones are checkered and ionbond lower. best Colt for the money.
I love those Harrison Extreme Service rear sights. I run one on a Springer.

Even the Colt site has an old pic with smooth front strap, but that’s not the first time I’ve seen them do that.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Be patient and find one of the rare models with checkered front strap, high cut grip, and Novak sights (or install Harrison rear designed to fill the Bomar cut). Like what BNaples posted. They are very nice pistols for the money...lots of Colt Custom Shop work. The downside is the sharp edges.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I just purchased one from Bud's, their photo shows old model with smooth front strap. New ones are checkered and ionbond lower. best Colt for the money.
. Looks good with those grips and the Harrison’s! I’m glad the new ones are at least checkered. Honestly i always wanted one but was so put off by the fact that only Colt would sell an $1,800 gun with no checkering and with the rear sight hanging off so much that it almost touches the hammer. Yours resolves both those issues and those grips are killer

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be patient and find one of the rare models with checkered front strap, high cut grip, and Novak sights (or install Harrison rear designed to fill the Bomar cut). Like what BNaples posted. They are very nice pistols for the money...lots of Colt Custom Shop work. The downside is the sharp edges.
Excellent advice!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just noticed the Blued ones with front strap checking the Colt box says "Special Combat Government, Competition Model" as shown on Gunbroker

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just looked at the Colt website. Is anyone working there, or, has Colt become the be all end all? Looks like most of their stock is "out." Another sign of a great economy?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts