1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up from my uncle about a month ago. Don't know much about it and my phone dropped the call the colt yesterday after 25 minutes waiting.

But anyways here she is.

Gun Firearm Trigger Black Gun accessory

Pretty neat gun, ODIN is the drone task force

Gun Brown Firearm Photograph White

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,390 Posts
Looks like a unit or deployment gun. Colt and other manufacturers will do guns with special engraving for military units to commemorate deployments or special occasions. The guys/gals do a group buy and the guns are all engraved the same. If you look at the little engraving of A-stan on the left side of the slide you'll see that 'OEF' and 'XI-XII' is engraved inside it - Operation Enduring Freedom 2011-2012.
I'd say that members of TF ODIN that were deployed during that time had some guns done and this is one of them.

Usually deployment guns are standard models with the engraving being the only factory mod. They are cool but value is in the eye of the beholder. It may be worth a premium to someone that collects modern military memorabilia and certainly to someone that was in the unit but other than that the engraving could actually hurt the resale value compared to the same gun without engraving because of the limited appeal.

Personally, I think deployment guns are cool as hell. Neat catch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked this up from my uncle about a month ago. Don't know much about it and my phone dropped the call the colt yesterday after 25 minutes waiting.

But anyways here she is.

View attachment 26588

Pretty neat gun, ODIN is the drone task force

View attachment 26589
Those were specially made for any of us that were assigned to Task Force ODIN. We had the option to buy them down range and pick up when we came home from deployment. I regret not buying one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those were specially made for any of us that were assigned to Task Force ODIN. We had the option to buy them down range and pick up when we came home from deployment. I regret not buying one.
Are you interested in getting one? I wouldn't mind seeing this get into the hands of someone that was part of this task force.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts