1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SPF***

For sale is an excellent Colt Wiley Clapp Government in .45 ACP, of which I am the second (and very brief) owner. The original owner purchased this new in AUG 2018 and put 200 rounds of ball and 24 rounds of 200gr. XTP HP's through it. I put 32 rounds of ball through it last weekend.

You can see the full list of specs at Colt. (Click the link). Some of the features are:
S70 Colt Govt
Undercut trigger guard
25 LPI FS checkering
Wiley Clapp grips w/ finger checkering
Flat checkered MSH
Black Novak rear sight
Brass bead front sight

Mods to the gun are a fitted C&S slim extended strong-side thumb safety, and a Wilson 18.5# recoil spring. The take-off parts will come with the gun.

This is a very accurate 1911 with nice bluing. The original owner reported 100% proper function on the low round count, which I also experienced during my one time shooting it. He carried it concealed twice carried it in a holster for its three range trips. No idiot mark and a plastic bushing wrench was used for maintenance. It comes with the factory plastic box and accompanying paperwork, two (2) 7-rd Colt mags and an additional, unbranded 7-rd mag (3 mags total).

DISCLOSURES: The right grip panel appears lighter in color than the left. There's is some ever-so-slight wear from the holster at the very front edges of the slide, the top left of the slide above the "OL" in COLT, and a rub mark below the thumb safety that's covered when the safety is depressed (see pics).

$900 shipped to your FFL. No trades please, as I sprung for another Baer this weekend and need to help pay for it.

CWC bbl.jpg
CWC left.jpg
CWC muzzle.jpg
CWC rear.jpg
CWC right.jpg
CWC rub.jpg
CWC rub 2.jpg
CWC safety.jpg

·
Incurable..... NRA Lifer
441 Posts
Is the frame steel or aluminum?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Austin, my man! I think 23 minutes is a new record for me on this forum.

SPF to Austin...

Reactions: WC145
1 - 10 of 10 Posts