1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NRA Endowment member
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the correct Wilson Combat drop in safety model # (non smithing the radius type) for this mid 90s MarkIV 80 series factory 9X23 Win. It came with this hideous half beaver tail that prohibits getting a high grip.
D7108D26-21A7-4632-A47C-7A8D1E7A7488.jpeg

·
Registered
437 Posts
It doesn't fit perfectly, had to take a little off the MSH to make it fit. Note there is one for "enhanced and one for regular 1911A1". I think the one for the enhanced is same as for a Commander. Check with Wilson before ordering.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Looking for the correct Wilson Combat drop in safety model # (non smithing the radius type) for this mid 90s MarkIV 80 series factory 9X23 Win. It came with this hideous half beaver tail that prohibits getting a high grip.
View attachment 267531
I have the same Colt with the same duckbill grip safety, that I replaced with the Wilson drop in grip safety. The gaps were too big for me. And too uncomfortable to shoot. I ended up cutting the tangs and fitting a Wilson bulletproof grip safety.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if it’s going to require a smith fitting beaver tail for proper aesthetics and fit then I should most probably send it out and have a Stan Chen magwell and front grip checkered cut. I was just hoping to avoid sending the frame out for a refinishing.
Never fails. When you think you may get off with inexpensive changes it works out the opposite. Lol

Reactions: hks1911
1 - 12 of 12 Posts