1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
How’s the prodigy?
I only have 170 rds through it, but I like it.
The grip texture is perfect. Slide/frame fit and feel is very nice and smooth.
I know many don't like Cerakote, but I'll never holster it so the finish is smooth and even.
Trigger is heavier than I prefer and the slide can almost get stuck on the disconnector.
Accuracy is as good as I can do.
It has the typical stuff that irritates me about SA production guns. Along with the disconnector, the extractor isn't blended to the slide. I mean my $400 Tisas has a blended extractor.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only have 170 rds through it, but I like it.
The grip texture is perfect. Slide/frame fit and feel is very nice and smooth.
I know many don't like Cerakote, but I'll never holster it so the finish is smooth and even.
Trigger is heavier than I prefer and the slide can almost get stuck on the disconnector.
Accuracy is as good as I can do.
It has the typical stuff that irritates me about SA production guns. Along with the disconnector, the extractor isn't blended to the slide. I mean my $400 Tisas has a blended extractor.

I might pick one up.

· Premium Member
662 Posts
I have and have had a number of commanders, and carried them most of my adult life.

Currently my choices are an all steel Bul or Kimber in .38 super, but I just finished re-building my RIA 5" 10mm into a Commander in .40 caliber. At close to 3 pounds empty it's definitely not going to be something the lightweight crowd would like, but maybe this one will wind up on my hip after fleshing out any issues it may present.

Off to the range this weekend!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Livin Large
2,044 Posts
Only one Commander. Colt. All others are copy clones. 2011 Commander? No. Just a short barrelled double stack. Not a Commander.
JUST ONE MAN's Opinion.
But look at the picture compared to what was posted earlier.
Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry Air gun

· Registered
681 Posts
Evolution Armory Commander & Staccato C2:
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Hunting knife Everyday carry

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

-Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts