1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m looking at purchasing another comp’d 2011, I already have a DVC-P and a C2 with a chunk port but I’m looking to add another. My choices are either a NHC Firehawk/TRS or an Atlas Erebus. First am I missing anything I should be looking at and second which out of these choices should I be considering as the 1st choice. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
Addict
640 Posts
You’re obviously an STI/Staccato fan. Is there a reason you’re not looking at an XC?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
You’re obviously an STI/Staccato fan. Is there a reason you’re not looking at an XC?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe too similar to DVC-P?

As per your other question, you should definitely buy both the Nighthawk and the Atlas and then you can tell me how wonderful and perfect they are.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I've had both, the correct answer is the Erebus, and it is not even close.
That’s the next on my list after just getting my Athena and TRS…

Reactions: AJP

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That’s the next on my list after just getting my Athena and TRS…
The Athena's are great too.

I will elaborate a bit in regard to my NH, I thought it was good, not great, but certainly not bad "except the factory grip, that was bad". Atlas on the other hand I view as great, and pushed the envolope for me in terms of shooting performance and what a pistol can do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Athena's are great too.

I will elaborate a bit in regard to my NH, I thought it was good, not great, but certainly not bad "except the factory grip, that was bad". Atlas on the other hand I view as great, and pushed the envolope for me in terms of shooting performance and what a pistol can do.
Did you shoot factory rounds or loads through the Erebus? According to atlas, the comp wasn’t designed to perform as well with just factory loads. So I’m wondering if the the NH TRS Comp handles factory loads better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is your intentions for the gun?
Honestly just a range gun, I have my uspsa gun already so just something I can have fun with at the range
I’ve already got the dvc-p which is close to the XC and I’m ready to step up into a different class of 2011’s now

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Did you shoot factory rounds or loads through the Erebus? According to atlas, the comp wasn’t designed to perform as well with just factory loads. So I’m wondering if the the NH TRS Comp handles factory loads better.
Yeah I shoot only factory loads through mine. It runs everything from White box 115 to American Eagle 147. The sweet spot for the comp is a 124gr at around a 141 power factor, which in factory load form comes from S&B and American Eagle 124. For the reloaders out there, I've seen formulas to dial the load in even more over on Benos Forum, but for my purposes, getting the sweet spot for power factor works well. 115gr is also ridiculously soft in the Erebus as well.

If you already have a DVC-P, skip right over the NH, I would consider that a lateral transfer at best, were one can argue based on preferences which one is slightly better than the other.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I shoot only factory loads through mine. It runs everything from White box 115 to American Eagle 147. The sweet spot for the comp is a 124gr at around a 141 power factor, which in factory load form comes from S&B and American Eagle 124. For the reloaders out there, I've seen formulas to dial the load in even more over on Benos Forum, but for my purposes, getting the sweet spot for power factor works well. 115gr is also ridiculously soft in the Erebus as well.

If you already have a DVC-P, skip right over the NH, I would consider that a lateral transfer at best, were one can argue based on preferences which one is slightly better than the other.
Thanks for the insight! I’ve been looking at the Atlas Artemis, and I’ve wondered if the Erebus would should substantially flatter with factory ammo. I’ll have to consider the points you’ve made.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thanks for the insight! I’ve been looking at the Atlas Artemis, and I’ve wondered if the Erebus would should substantially flatter with factory ammo. I’ll have to consider the points you’ve made.
I wouldn't say substantially, even the Athena shoots very flat. At this level you are well past the point of diminishing returns and only get little improvements. Yes the Erebus is flatter, but the difference between the Erebus and Athena isn't as great as the difference between a Staccato P and Staccato XC.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't say substantially, even the Athena shoots very flat. At this level you are well past the point of diminishing returns and only get little improvements. Yes the Erebus is flatter, but the difference between the Erebus and Athena isn't as great as the difference between a Staccato P and Staccato XC.
thanks for the feedback @AJP … been looking at the different mode atlas guns and was set on the Artemis vs Athena but might have to look at the two again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was set on the Erebus until I found that out as I shoot only factory ammo. Now I’m leaning towards the Artemis instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was set on the Erebus until I found that out as I shoot only factory ammo. Now I’m leaning towards the Artemis instead.
Factory loads still run 100% fine and the comp still does it's job. I even shoot some reduced power loads with no problems through mine.

As with all comps, the more gas the more work the comp can do. I only shoot factory ammo and notice the difference the comp makes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts