1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone care to educate me on compensated 1911's, how much recoil do they absorb, what's the short history of them? Overall usefulness to a casual shooter and of course pictures :D

Lastly, do I need one in my collection ?

Reactions: villdetwink

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
No experience with steel frame 1911 comp guns but I have a STI Costa carry comp in 9mm that is pretty awesome. Recoil is minimal. They should require a tax stamp for it because you feel like it may as well be full auto. Lol....it gets expensive because you dont realize how many rounds you are going through in a session until you are looking at a lot of spent brass laying on the ground.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMG_20160417_064850532.jpg
I built mine back in 93'-'94 when I worked with Bob Marvel. It was built for shooting steel plates, the comp really helps in keeping muzzle rise down to a minimum when shooting HOT 38 super fast.
I have been out of that game for 20+ yrs now, but it sure is fun to shoot at the range. Which reminds me, I need to load up some jacketed rounds and go shoot the crap out of her again.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that handle 191138superguy how much does that weigh, it looks heavy :careful:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have 7 or so comped guns from small carry comps full on 5 chamber 7 port comps and ranging from 9mm to 10mm. It greatly reduces muzzle flip and perceived recoil thus letting you get back on target quicker and shoot faster. My 10mm gun with hot loads shoots flatter than a 9mm with powderpuff loads.

Do you need one in your life? Absolutely!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts