1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a C2 DPO with a threaded barrel, and I am considering buying a threaded compensator to use until I decide whether I am going to buy a suppressor. I like the appearance of the Dawson ICE compensator, and I was wondering if anyone else made that style compensator, or if I would be served best by sending the upper to Dawson. I have searched the archives for previous recommendations, and I did not see any previous recommendations that matched what I was looking for. Wilson Combat only had the bushing style. EGW had the cylinder style. Vulcan Machine Werks does not list any compensators for individual sale. Does anyone else have any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

· The Tinker
4,843 Posts
It is my understanding that thread pitch and diameter are different for compensators vs. suppressors.

You might have to have a custom comp made for your pistol.

· Premium Member
3,919 Posts
I just purchased a C2 DPO with a threaded barrel, and I am considering buying a threaded compensator to use until I decide whether I am going to buy a suppressor. I like the appearance of the Dawson ICE compensator, and I was wondering if anyone else made that style compensator, or if I would be served best by sending the upper to Dawson. I have searched the archives for previous recommendations, and I did not see any previous recommendations that matched what I was looking for. Wilson Combat only had the bushing style. EGW had the cylinder style. Vulcan Machine Werks does not list any compensators for individual sale. Does anyone else have any recommendations? Thank you in advance.
Check Shop. DSC Gunworks

· Registered
1,275 Posts
On a Staccato with a threaded barrel, I would stick with Dawson comp, especially if you like that style. They have a pretty quick turnaround, and they supply you with the tools to take it off and run a suppressor as needed. I went through this process with my Limited Edition P:

Trigger Wood Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

Wood Gun barrel Hardwood Wood stain Trigger

· Premium Member
980 Posts
Dawson still offer the free gunsmith install for the ICE comp on Staccato C2 & P with OEM threaded barrel

Why Custom Fit? Because most drop in comps have a wide gap that ruins the look of a great pistol. That is why we custom fit the Ice® Comp to your pistol. This provides a much better appearance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts