1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do the first attempted build. (I know that "build" is usually associated with actual gunsmiths/pistolsmiths etc.) It is a JEM frame, Caspian slide, .38 super barrel with a couple of planned special features. ***Films at 11***
Most parts are here, slide to arrive today or tomorrow. Specialty tools are on their way or here standing ready.
Oh yeah............ reference manual close at hand!!!

Wish me luck...
IMG_2193 (2).jpg
IMG_2194 (2).jpg

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,232 Posts
:popcorn:

·
The Tinker
3,572 Posts
Building this yourself?

I ask because I've seen posts here where folks are starting a 'build', and then ship the parts off to someone else to have it built. :rolleyes: :)

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Building this yourself?

I ask because I've seen posts here where folks are starting a 'build', and then ship the parts off to someone else to have it built. :rolleyes: :)
My INTENT is to build myself...

·
The Tinker
3,572 Posts
My INTENT is to build myself...
Cool! Everyone has to start somewhere. Just take your time, and ask questions if you're not sure. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.

Now where's my popcorn... :D

·
The Tinker
3,572 Posts
Dang !! That's Cold !! :D
It wasn't intended to be, but I can see where it might be taken that way. My apologies.

I was thinking back to a post from a member here about 'starting a new build', and then reading in the thread that they were shipping the parts out to a gunsmith. It was more disappointment on my part than anything, as I thought I was going to watch a build thread. :)

1 - 20 of 136 Posts