Concealed carry for women suggestions

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by monadh, Jul 10, 2020.

1. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    Guys,

My daughter is 5'12" tall (her words not mine) and of slender build. She wants to carry a Fusion Bantam. Given the styles that women wear these days (she is nothing if not reasonably fashionable), OWB and IWB on the hip is out. This leaves AIWB or something that could be fit under her shirt against her stomach. Can someone point me in a direction for her? I have looked at a number of websites but she has not been too excited about what she has seen so far.

Thanks.

2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Belly band? It doesn't require her to wear a belt, and she can wear it above her waistline.

Unfortunately, fashion = form fitting cloths in today's world. We really need medieval cloaks to make a come back.

3. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    A friend of my wife was telling me about a 'bra holster' she uses. Not sure how it works, but she seems to like it. As my wife never leaves the house without her purse, I'm pushing her towards one with a hideout for a pistol. My daughter is also looking for one.

4. monadh

May 8, 2012
    I think medieval cloaks should never have gone out of style. Then we could all look like Edmond Dantes. I know I could make it work.

I will look up the belly band. Thanks!

5. monadh

May 8, 2012
    Please let me know what they settle for. My daughter has mentioned the bra holster, but I don't know about that...

wrmiller likes this.
  6. Yellowsupersport

Yellowsupersport Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    OP, have her check out the American Gun Chic channel on YouTube. To my ears it’s a bit bubble-head-squeaky-blonde (but that’s not my demographic) but to give her her dues she has put in the training hours. I’d expect her gear reviews to be more inline with your daughter’s needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Well armed women web site may have some help!?!?

monadh and Dallas Knight like this.
  8. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    If you are looking at gun purses check out Coronado Leather.

monadh and wrmiller like this.
  9. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    41 Charlie, OneEyedTanker and monadh like this.
  10. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Tier one for appendix carry

11. M Yaworski

M Yaworski Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    monadh likes this.
  12. Gripwright

Gripwright Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2016
    monadh likes this.
  13. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I've owned one of these for many years and run walk in it several times a week.

https://www.pistolwear.com

If she goes AIWB with an all steel gun make sure she gets a good belt. I suggest JM Custom Kydex. Another factor for anyone, but especially women, is some level of physical fitness. Breaking contact and putting time and distance between her and an attacker is paramount. I say this because as a man I've never met a woman that I didn't feel confident in my ability to physically control her and even take her gun away from her. This includes a few female police officers and overall supposed bad asses. Not a knock on women, just the facts of life. Good luck to her.

14. Cleveland B

Cleveland B Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Tier 1 concealed all day for her.

monadh likes this.
  15. notshawn54

notshawn54 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    My wife uses the hip hugger from cancanconcealment.com. She carries a Sig P365. They have different sizes depending on the gun. 273EC17B-4AA3-4C68-939A-08D6962D0CCD.jpeg

16. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Saw a semi-nude lady. Forgot what this thread was about. Clicked "like."

gps man, OneEyedTanker and monadh like this.
  17. monadh

May 8, 2012
    Thanks, guys. I will pass these onto her.

18. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy Cranky old curmudgeon

Jul 28, 2017
  19. Welder49

Welder49 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2020
    My wife just got purse holster for carrying her S&W Centennial.38 thats pretty decent. It has zippered openings on on the the ends for left or right handed draws (and lockable on whatever side not in use) and enough storage for essentials.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted