Concealed Carry Killers (anti-gun article)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GM*, Jan 11, 2012.

1. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Normally I do not care at all about anti-gun articles or what the antis say, but someone sent me this one and it made me laugh. Enjoy!

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

2. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    statistically you are about as likely to be struck by lightening as you are to be shot and killed by a CCW holder. Great argument the author makes :der:

3. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    I wonder if they really have so low IQ or if they are just talking nonsense just because they love it. And the tally started in May 2007, which means that the numbers they present are not for a one year period.

4. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    so 819 people killed since 2007? tiny numbers.. car accidents kill more people weekly.. guess we need to tighten how easy it is to get a drivers license then eh? Or should we just ban cars outright?

5. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    Ok... so who took the time to click the links to read the details? Personally I didn't, but the interesting part of this article would be to clearly outline from these numbers, which of the shootings were accidental, were justified, charges filed, and which included bystanders?

I think that the original numbers are only a small piece of the puzzle.

6. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I clicked the links. It pretty much said that "name" shot "officer/whatever" and the gun was registered to them, or that they had a permit to CC. It was pretty fishy.

7. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Nothin scarier than people who somehow feel they have a right to dictate how i defend myself or my family.

8. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    SOoooo ! Where is the Stats for Criminals to victims unarmed in all this ? I bet it is much higher .

Sam

9. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Come on now, that would screw up their whole angle

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted