Condition #3

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by MFM22, Sep 26, 2020.

1. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Absolutely correct.

2. miketx

miketx Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I never thought of that one. :cool:

FWoo45 likes this.

3. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    I'll second Bender's.
    At 7 I'd be dorking around with that pistol every chance I got. Kids get into EVERYTHING!
    Memories of thinking I'm the smartest motherf*cker on the planet because I cleared the cylinder on Pops Python are still pretty fresh.
    May have been as old as 10 at the time,but telling me not to touch something was taken as a dare.

1hawaii50, isialk, FWoo45 and 3 others like this.
  4. miketx

miketx Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Must be total freaking idiot of they shot something in their house. I carry mine cocked and locked. Haven't shot anything.

Autonomous likes this.
  5. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Trying to lower the hammer on a live round will do it.

Kip, FWoo45, Uncle Bob and 2 others like this.
  6. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    Condition 1, cocked and locked. He is referring to condition 2 , one in the chamber with a lowered hammer "otherwise known as full retard"

FWoo45, MFM22, bnaples and 2 others like this.
  7. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    I was forced to carry it this way in the Army many moons ago. But since then, I learned the correct way to carry it and do so.

Rick McC. and Dub like this.
  8. Kevin Rohrer

Jul 6, 2014
    If you get 1911-specific training by someone who knows the pistol, all your questions and concerns will be answered. And I don't recommend anyone carry any pistol w/o adequate training.

Rick McC., Dub, FWoo45 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017
    Knock it off guys. Right or wrong
    That too is tricky. Had a "Survival instructor" back in the late 70s called Alex Goodrich. Used to come out to the SWPL matches with his students and poo poo what we were doing. They started bugging him to shoot a match.... bad idea. He did come out one day with a 357 in a cross draw, came onto the line and when the buzzer went, he proceeded to draw, sweeping his weak hand and shot off his weak hand thumb off. He instantly got the nickname "Thumbs" Goodrich.

Long story to make a short point. Finding good instructors is really tricky. Took one of the local LE instructors out to our private range and ran him through a lot of gunsite style drills. He went down in flames quickly.

If possible, Gunsite, Thunder Ranch and so on. They're known, they have a track record, etc etc.

10. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017

Now that I have your attention:

The OP asked a legitimate question.... I've watched some people come on, read the OP and spew... might try to follow the thread to see how many times somethings been said already.

Most of all, instead of walking someone through a good explanation of what and why, we've seen "Idiot" "full retard" and so on. Rational thought process' do help with these things. We see a lot of this on not so great forums and they don't help.

Come on folks, is this the way to really help someone?If you don't like this, feel free to use "Ignore"

1 1 thread (2).jpg

isialk, Rick McC., blamo and 2 others like this.
  11. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Quality training is key. I can be a moron but if I yell loudly enough, somebody might listen. I'm learning that I might have to travel for this, not ideal, but worth it. Good insight. Thanks.

isialk, simonp and Uncle Bob like this.
  12. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017

Happy to help.

isialk and FWoo45 like this.
  13. miketx

miketx Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Still, you have to be an idiot to shoot stuff you didn't want to shoot.

14. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Not carrying condition 1 is like trying to put your seatbelt on in the middle of an accident......

OneEyedTanker, miketx and Mike A like this.
  15. Autonomous

Autonomous Turgid member

Jan 14, 2019
    If you're afraid of a 1911 with multiple safeties get a Glock with half a safety...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  16. Kevin Rohrer

Jul 6, 2014
  17. Kevin Rohrer

Jul 6, 2014
  18. Autonomous

Autonomous Turgid member

Jan 14, 2019
    My understanding of the so called Israeli carry is that it was common when Israel was young and had a lot of unreliable crap guns.

razorbacker likes this.
  19. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Go on. I’d like to hear all about this.

FWoo45 and simonp like this.
  20. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    In the early 70s, very few Israelis carried sidearms. The assortment of stuff stashed in the armories was amazing, but sidearms were rare (except generally law enforcement)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted