1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just surfing Colts on gunbroker and saw this. It’s a lmtd run done for Lew Horton and called the Lt Commander. 3.5 inch cone barrel and a bushing on a full size lightweight frame. Usually guns with barrels this short just have the cone barrel and no bushing right?
Either way it’s a nice gun. No idea on value compared to asking price but still neat.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/829463566

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The Colt Officers ACP and later Compact had the bushing. Below my 2000 Compact apart. I bought it used with an aftermarket trigger that bothered my finger so it is apart to fit a new trigger in it.

And back together with the new trigger and stocks from Altamont on it.

I bought this guy for about $600 and it is nice that companies like EGW and others make parts for them. The recoil spring in the Compact is not original but a Wolff replacement.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, Dakota- how does that setup shoot? I have a similar build in 9mm that's in progress right now. Bar-Sto barrel and bushing on mine.

The Colt Officers ACP and later Compact had the bushing. Below my 2000 Compact apart. I bought it used with an aftermarket trigger that bothered my finger so it is apart to fit a new trigger in it.

And back together with the new trigger and stocks from Altamont on it.

I bought this guy for about $600 and it is nice that companies like EGW and others make parts for them. The recoil spring in the Compact is not original but a Wolff replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.