close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conference expansion/realignment. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Well, what do all of you think of this?

Being on the west coast, all I hear on local sports radio lately is some Big 12 schools might be coming to the Pac 12. Personally, I love the idea but also hate it in the short term. The thought of the Oklahoma and Texas schools playing with USC, Stanford, Oregon should make for some damn good games to watch. However, being an Arizona guy, I will hate to watch the first several years of a new conference if it happens since my already questionable Wildcats will be a doormat for the new additions (at least UofA basketball will be worth watching).

In the long term, I think it will be good for the "lesser" teams to bring in some more elite schools to raise the level of competition.

2. Nick

Nick Member

Aug 22, 2011

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Money talks so it's gonna happen. One thing I hate is teams like Texas in the ACC that's Atlantic Coast Confferance or PAC-10 Pacific. Seems weird to me. A bunch of rivalries I grew up with since the (leather helmet days for you youngsters:lol:) will be gone. And like you thank God for basketball.

4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    ACC just accepted 'Cuse and Pitt, which is cool because that's 2 old Big East schools, so you've essentially seen a merger of the BE and ACC (with the additions of VT, BC, Miami, and now these 2). Strengthens football somewhat and definitely puts the ACC as the top basketball conference.

I agree with Limb, teams should stay in their geographic conferences. I'd hate to see Texas join the ACC (rumor) and TCU to the Big East is just stupid. Bet they regret that decision now.

5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    The big least is overrated. Kinda like Ohio St. football. How was the game Hokie. On tv here watched a little of it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted