Considering unfired LNIB Blue S&W Model 39-2

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by FullySupported, Feb 28, 2019.

1. FullySupported

FullySupported Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2019
    deleted

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  2. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I had one years ago back when they were making them. Nice enough gun, reminiscent of a single stack BHP with a DA/SA trigger. There's no way in hell I'd pay $1100 for one, even if it was NIB/unfired, they made a mess of them and there's nothing special or collectible about them.

3. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    Unless it’s a LNIB and unfired that seems a little high. I see these on Gunbroker a lot around 800 - 900.

4. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Heck, I wouldn't pay $800-$900 either. Is there some cult fascination with these I'm unaware of?

jodyisaacs and mikegalway like this.
  5. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I'm with @WC145, $1100 is way to much. Jaquas Fine Guns has a 39-2 in very good condition at $795.00 and I think that's to high. But you know it's a free market and whatever the market will bear.
    I'd keep shopping. Thing to think about with discontinued guns that you intend to shoot is parts & service.

Maybe spend some time over on the Smith & Wesson forum to get a feel where the market is with these guns. My perspective is probably skewed as when these guns came along the Browning Hi Power was the 9 mm to have.

joerockhead, FullySupported and WC145 like this.
  6. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    The 39-2 is the best of the Model 39 line. That being said, S&W produced many upon many thousands of this model. LNIB is such a broad term and of no interest to collectors. As a shooter maybe $450-600 in my part of this world, maybe an extra $100 for box & docs...

7. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    I see them around here in $400.00 - $600.00 range a lot . I owned one years ago , it was a good shooter - carry piece . Major flaw for me was reassembly after field stripping for cleaning .

FullySupported likes this.
  8. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Too high. I sold my last 39-2 locally for $425 , no box, but a bunch of mags not that many years ago. All the Smith autos are fine pistols, I'm just not a da/as type guy. Too different from my beloved 1911 and p35. Hell even different from my g19. So mine was basically just taking up safe space. As I said initially fine auto tho, little to no collector value do I see. YMMV

9. Wildcat Creeker

Wildcat Creeker Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Last year I bought a very nice condition 39-2 in the box with 3 mags for $460.00 face to face. Have not shot it yet, but hopefully when the winter weather breaks I will run some ammo through it.

FullySupported likes this.
  10. jodyisaacs

jodyisaacs Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yes there is. There is a little following for what have been deemed the Smith & Wesson 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen handguns. I'm in that cult... And I wouldn't pay 8-900 for it either. A 3rd Gen 1006... Different story...lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FullySupported and WC145 like this.
  11. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    Yep, I missed that ! DOH !! Ok then, the asking prices I’m seeing for that condition are comparable to your LGS. There’s currently an unfired nickel version with an actual bid price of $1500.

Just Terry likes this.
  12. Just Terry

Just Terry Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    the 39 was my edc back in the day,almost 40 years ago. Loved it. If your a serious S&W collector,its all yours,otherwise,a 39 in great condx can be had for a LOT less

13. Just Terry

Just Terry Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Nickel brings the big bucks with S&W collectors

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted