1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,839 Posts
I had one years ago back when they were making them. Nice enough gun, reminiscent of a single stack BHP with a DA/SA trigger. There's no way in hell I'd pay $1100 for one, even if it was NIB/unfired, they made a mess of them and there's nothing special or collectible about them.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It is for sale at my LGS. It looks awfully nice. It is $1100. Seems like a lot, but that might be what these are going for. Plus, its being local means one could pay a little extra due to the assurance that everything is entirely legitimate (and lack of transfer fees.)

What do you all think?
Unless it’s a LNIB and unfired that seems a little high. I see these on Gunbroker a lot around 800 - 900.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,839 Posts
Unless it’s a LNIB and unfired that seems a little high. I see these on Gunbroker a lot around 800 - 900.
Heck, I wouldn't pay $800-$900 either. Is there some cult fascination with these I'm unaware of?

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,955 Posts
I'm with @WC145, $1100 is way to much. Jaquas Fine Guns has a 39-2 in very good condition at $795.00 and I think that's to high. But you know it's a free market and whatever the market will bear.
I'd keep shopping. Thing to think about with discontinued guns that you intend to shoot is parts & service.

Maybe spend some time over on the Smith & Wesson forum to get a feel where the market is with these guns. My perspective is probably skewed as when these guns came along the Browning Hi Power was the 9 mm to have.

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I see them around here in $400.00 - $600.00 range a lot . I owned one years ago , it was a good shooter - carry piece . Major flaw for me was reassembly after field stripping for cleaning .

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Too high. I sold my last 39-2 locally for $425 , no box, but a bunch of mags not that many years ago. All the Smith autos are fine pistols, I'm just not a da/as type guy. Too different from my beloved 1911 and p35. Hell even different from my g19. So mine was basically just taking up safe space. As I said initially fine auto tho, little to no collector value do I see. YMMV

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Last year I bought a very nice condition 39-2 in the box with 3 mags for $460.00 face to face. Have not shot it yet, but hopefully when the winter weather breaks I will run some ammo through it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Heck, I wouldn't pay $800-$900 either. Is there some cult fascination with these I'm unaware of?
Yes there is. There is a little following for what have been deemed the Smith & Wesson 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen handguns. I'm in that cult... And I wouldn't pay 8-900 for it either. A 3rd Gen 1006... Different story...lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Well, thank you. As the title of the post stated, it is unfired and LNIB.
Yep, I missed that ! DOH !! Ok then, the asking prices I’m seeing for that condition are comparable to your LGS. There’s currently an unfired nickel version with an actual bid price of $1500.

Reactions: Just Terry

·
Registered
137 Posts
the 39 was my edc back in the day,almost 40 years ago. Loved it. If your a serious S&W collector,its all yours,otherwise,a 39 in great condx can be had for a LOT less

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep, I missed that ! DOH !! Ok then, the asking prices I’m seeing for that condition are comparable to your LGS. There’s currently an unfired nickel version with an actual bid price of $1500.
Nickel brings the big bucks with S&W collectors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts