1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

Another one of THESE types of threads. I have been selling a few of my safe queens to fund more higher end 1911's (addict) It got me to thinking about selling some of my other platforms Beretta's Sigs as I have settled on Glock 9mm's for my go to hi-cap 9mm pistol. Has anyone else here done this? Any regrets if so? I always thought variety is the spice of life but now I'm thinking that consolidating platforms and calibers makes sense. I was also thinking of selling my last 10mm to stick with .45 and 9mm. I look forward to your input. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Been there done that then bought a bunch of different guns afterwards. Consolidated to just 9 and 45 and got rid or 10 and 357sig bc they just weren’t practical for my purposes (punching paper and I don’t reload). Then i consolidated all my 1911s to full size 45 except for one. Now I’m starting down the 38super path...it’s a vicious never ending cycle.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It’s a great time to sell high and there’s no ammo anyway so I’m selling everything except one 556, and a 9mm Glock. I have 2,000 rounds of ammo for each and I don’t anticipate being able to purchase ammo or reloading supplies for the next six months or so.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Consolidating/upgrading is exactly what I've been doing. Not in calibers though however as I plan on keeping .45, .38S, and 10mm.

In the last year and a half or so I sold on here or locally a number of 1911s and a few revolvers and that allowed me to get:

1. Wilson CQB in .38S
2. GI Hellcat .45
3. Nighthawk Falcon 10mm
4. Cabot Commander .45
5. ACW Classic Carry in .38S

I still have others but those above are the upgrades from selling off a few.

·
born in the wrong century
4,279 Posts
I've also consolidated my handguns.

Zero polymer guns except for what the wife has.

.45acp 1911's in 3", 4", 4.25", 5". A mix with some having ambi & magwell. No rails. All single-stack.

9mm 1911's in 4", 4.25" and 5". Another mix of magwells & double-stack/single-stack. No rails. No ambi.

10mm 1911's in 5". Mix of rail, non-rail, ambi, no ambi, magwell, no magwell.

.38Super 1911 in 5". Single gun (deposit made).

.38spcl snubbie revolver

.357 4" revolver.

.44mag 5.5" revolver

5.56mm 10.5" AR pistol

WC BrigTac 92G 9mm DA-SA This is the best shooting DA-SA pistol I've tried. It does have their action tune job performed. I'll be adding the shorter CentTac for use in my truck console.

Future additions: high quality semi-custom in .45acp and some custom work on existing guns &
securing the components needed to enjoy shooting sessions for years to come regardless of the political outcomes in November.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've also consolidated my handguns.

Zero polymer guns except for what the wife has.

.45acp 1911's in 3", 4", 4.25", 5". A mix with some having ambi & magwell. No rails. All single-stack.

9mm 1911's in 4", 4.25" and 5". Another mix of magwells & double-stack/single-stack. No rails. No ambi.

10mm 1911's in 5". Mix of rail, non-rail, ambi, no ambi, magwell, no magwell.

.38Super 1911 in 5". Single gun (deposit made).

.38spcl snubbie revolver

.357 4" revolver.

.44mag 5.5" revolver

5.56mm 10.5" AR pistol

WC BrigTac 92G 9mm DA-SA This is the best shooting DA-SA pistol I've tried.

Future additions: high quality semi-custom in .45acp and some custom work on existing guns &
securing the components needed to enjoy shooting sessions for years to come regardless of the political outcomes in November.
I hear you on the Brig Tac, I won't let that one go. I'll also keep my mint 88 W. German P226. I'm not sure about keeping 10mm though. I'm selling my 1006 and that would leave just my Razorback which I may sell.

·
chicken wings
1,604 Posts
You kind of justify anything to get what you want.

“I need to sell my polymers and only collect older Colt 1911s.”
“I need to sell my extra AR rifles while the market is hot to buy old revolvers.”
“I need to sell my parts pin to buy a Winchester.”

It never really ends.

·
born in the wrong century
4,279 Posts
I'm hoping to scrounge together some funds and see if I can get on Steve Owen's books for some fun upgrades to my Razorback. My only other 10mm has a TR-1 mounted on it. It's nothing fancy, intended for rough use....the Swamp Gat has performed above it's price-point thus far.

I was really surprised by the WC/Beretta 92G. I've had mediocre accuracy from various other DA-SA platforms I've tried over the years. This one really fits my hands well and trigger feel is very much to my liking. They've really done a super job with the sights and I'm running a rail light on it, too. Currently getting nightstand duty. Wife likes it better than wheelguns and other's we've tried for her.

I will be adding at least one more...at least.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Yes, it makes a lot of sense. Magazines and holsters make diversity a drawback. I got a bit carried away the past two years after finding this site, so forced myself to consolidate to cartridges around the same caliber - 9mm, 38 Super, and 9x23. It made my reloading room more streamlined and forced me to sell off some pistols I wanted to keep but didn’t truly need. Sold off all of my 45ACP reloading dies, components, and mags. Even then it is difficult to stay away from some deals on 45s posted here.

Went through a short Glock phase then quickly found that CZs are my preferred method of high-capacity for range and carry. I just say “No” to anything striker-fired no matter how good the deal.

It also helps to have 1911s that are switch barrel setups.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm hoping to scrounge together some funds and see if I can get on Steve Owen's books for some fun upgrades to my Razorback. My only other 10mm has a TR-1 mounted on it. It's nothing fancy, intended for rough use....the Swamp Gat has performed above it's price-point thus far.

I was really surprised by the WC/Beretta 92G. I've had mediocre accuracy from various other DA-SA platforms I've tried over the years. This one really fits my hands well and trigger feel is very much to my liking. They've really done a super job with the sights and I'm running a rail light on it, too. Currently getting nightstand duty. Wife likes it better than wheelguns and other's we've tried for her.

I will be adding at least one more...at least.
Yep,
The WC BT is a winner. Outstanding Beretta and I have owned a boatload of 92's. I'll take the ding and admit that I find myself carrying a Glock more and more, I have always had them around but never really bonded with them until I tried the Gen 5's. As far as 10mm, it is a super fun cartridge but I don't hunt or reload anymore so consolidating makes more and more sense.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
I’m down to three, all steel pistols - one 9x19 and two .45 acp. I backslid when I bought another 5.56 carbine though.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I was happy with Glock 19's and a few select 1911's in .45. Then Mike M. gave me my first taste of the EDC X9. The first taste is always free. o_O

·
Registered
908 Posts
I haven’t sold anything in a long time but just keep adding. Taking a bit of a break but i get that interests change. I just don’t buy unless I love something and so far I have been very lucky I guess. But if you want to sell, now is the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
I thought I was done with Polymer as I sold all of them during Covid. I just never reach into the safe on a range day and say "i'm going to shoot this". If it never comes out of the safe, it had to go. My only polymer gun that will be in the safe soon is a Mk23. I love my pair of CZ97 BDs as they just fit my giant hands perfectly. Looking forward to the MK23.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went the other way. I sold almost all my glocks for 1911s. I kept a Glock 43x that I carry just about every day. It’s hands down my favorite all time Glock. I’m down to just 9 and 45, but I’ve been listing after a 38 super. I keep convincing myself that it’s impractical, but I fear I’m losing that argument with myself. This hobby is something, isn’t it?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts