Cost-effective source for Nicholson files

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot, May 24, 2019.

1. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    I needed some files for a few of the gunsmith classes I'm taking. As anyone who's bought them knows, the cost of files can add up if you need several different ones. I did some searching and cost comparison and came up with this source for Nicholson files:

https://www.nkbaxter.com/Nicholson-Files.php

They have double cut flat, single cut mill, tapered round and some others. My price comparison for what I needed indicated a 30%-50% lower price than the same file at MCSDirect, Travers, Brownells, etc. I do not know if they are American or Mexico production.

ZoidMeister, Mike Meints and KS95B40 like this.
  2. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Nicholson USA files at Ebay. I just got in a 6" set with nice hard rubber. Yours maybe cheaper but they have all kinds listed and I love the comfortable hard rubber handles. I won't buy throw offs from China or anywhere they are cheap made. DID I SAY MADE IN USA OR GERMANY ONLY.

BCD 45

3. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    For what it’s worth I’m a dealer for a company called Warrensville File. We don’t sell a lot but we have a couple of customers that have been using them for years without any issues. I’d be more than happy to do what I can for any Addict in the market for anything they have. www.warrensvillefile.com

azpoolguy, gps man and ZoidMeister like this.
  4. Combat Weapon Systems

Combat Weapon Systems Gunsmith

Mar 31, 2019
    I check Ebay for Swiss pillar files. A lot of the time you can find them for $10-$15.

wrmiller likes this.
  5. Combat Weapon Systems

Combat Weapon Systems Gunsmith

Mar 31, 2019
    If you want Mill cut files Grainger sells those in a pillar file Westward brand.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted