1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is an STI Costa Comp Carry 9mm. Asking $3000 OBO, you cover shipping from my FFL to yours. At asking price pistol comes with STI black case, 2 x 140mm Gen 2 black Teflon magazines, and all original packaging (manual and sample target, etc). This pistol is a one-off by STI and has no Costa markings, this was done by them from the factory, not a cerakote or other finishing job done by me.

The pistol has been fired roughly 5K times, recoil spring was replaced less than 500 round ago and will function with 115s, 124, 135, and 147s no issue. IMO the pistol does handle better with hotter loads such as 124 Nato or 115 FMJ +P. Not a lot of muzzle flip without the hotter loads but I find it very easy to track the site through double and triple tap drills with the hot loads. The only ammo that I have specifically not used in the pistol is Major power factor loads and I can not speak to how they would handle, but with the right heavy springs should be easy enough to run.

Additionally if desired I have a 126mm ($30) and a 170mm ($50) magazine, and a Red Hill Tactical holster ($75). I am willing to sell with the pistol and we can discuss adding those items to the sale.

The reason I am selling the gun is I don't want to be forced to run in USPSA and 3G Open, the first two matches I ran with it I was clearly not to the skill level needed to compete with the big boys. I also already have another STI (DVC-C) and just purchased a limited pistol and the wife may beat me if I don't sell this one. The last thing I'll say is I'm a Special Forces officer and if I could get away with it I'd carry this combat!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Few likes but no offers, I can drop the price some for a quicker sale? Got a rifle needs building!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking for one of these for a while - trying to move a few other pieces and if you've still got her when I have the funds I might just be your guy!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I love my Costa Carry Comps. Fantastic guns, they shoot soft and flat. They’ll spoil you!

GLWS

·
“Careful man, there’s a beverage here!” — The Dude
526 Posts
I promise you Airborne, someone is watching this thread and barely holding on with their fingernails. Hang in there and don't drop the price another cent. This is going to go any second.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love my Costa Carry Comps. Fantastic guns, they shoot soft and flat. They’ll spoil you!

GLWS
They will spoil you, but your wife will also beat you if you just keep buying 2011s, but then she has the gall to say she wants her own after shooting one lol.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
They will spoil you, but your wife will also beat you if you just keep buying 2011s, but then she has the gall to say she wants her own after shooting one lol.
My wife carries a 2011. Also the CCC is her absolute favorite gun to shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts