Costner & Harrelson vs. Bonnie & Clyde

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottl, Feb 27, 2019.

1. scottl

scottl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
  2. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Looks good. Thanks for posting!

3. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Looks like a good flick. When is it coming out?

4. Mike0251

Mike0251 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 25, 2016
    Oh man that looks good. Those guys are great actors!
    March
    I watched Costner shoot the BAR again closely.....I'd bet money after he shot it, off camera, he shouted out holy sh*t this thing almost took my shoulder off! LMAO

5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Do you think they were using full power loads?

I've always assumed that the prop guns Hollywood actors used just shot blanks. Maybe I'm wrong.

6. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    This one caught my eye...looking forward to it!

7. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    My dad carried one during the 52 Korean winter games. Love both those actors. I assume Costner is playing Hamer?

8. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    I'm also under the impression that they use guns modified to cycle blanks when shooting scenes where you can actually see the firearm function. They also use fake guns (similar in concept to airsoft) that can be manipulated but not fired in scenes that don't involve shooting.

9. Longbow

Longbow Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2018
    They used blanks.
    Shooting a BAR standing off the shoulder, he’d have been practically vertical by the 10th round.

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  10. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    When I was in the army I was attached to a USMC unit, they had BAR men in each squad. Gun weighed 20 lbs, shot 30-06 and was quite shootable with training.

It's just a movie, but I'll have to go see it, not cause of the gun, but I have an interest in that era of our country's history.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  11. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    The ‘trailer’ says 29 March but if you Google it, says the release date is 15 March. (Take your pick).

Bugs likes this.
  12. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Limited release in theaters on March 15, and available on Netflix March 29.

13. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Netflix has become quite the power player. They're creating original content with A-list actors. I'm sure the big Hollywood producers are just loving this.

Between advances in home theater technology and Netflix releasing original content almost directly to their online streaming platform, I can see a day when no one bothers to go to the Movie Theater. That is unless you enjoy sticky floors and sitting in a chair that's been soaking up the butt sweat and farts of random strangers.

limbkiller likes this.
  14. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    And Costner is also for banning firearms from us crazy citizens who have broken no laws.

Still, it looks like a good movie and I also love history from that time in the good old USA.

Scaramouche likes this.
  15. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    Looks awesome to me!
    If it comes anywhere near me I'll see it.
    If I boycotted every movie based on the politics (or personality) of the actors involved I'd never see anything...
    Frankly, none of them have anything in common with a white-trash country boy from Iowa.
    They exist in my small slice of the universe purely for their entertainment value.
    Outside of that they don't matter...Heck some of my favorite actors aren't even American.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    limbkiller likes this.
  16. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Woody Harrelson appears to be a pro-gun 2A supporter from what little information is available on the net about his 2A views. He was born in Midland, Texas and his real life father died in prison - he was a hit man (who took out a federal judge).

Kevin Costner is the quintessential definition of a FUDD. Owns guns and likes to hunt - wife bought him a shotgun for his last birthday but he’s a supporter of stronger gun laws. (“Guns for me but not for thee”). The perfect FUDD.

Hollyweird - always a tough choice to make (for me); but I’ll go see the movie - looks like a good one. Been to Bonnie and Clyde’s gravesites here in Dallas (separate cemeteries) - my foreign in-laws wanted to see them! Had a Texas Ranger join my friend and me for lunch at the last NRA convention - he was with Ranger Company B. Neat guy, wearing their trademark white Stetson with his ranger badge outside his shirt pocket.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Fatbob Frank likes this.
  17. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Can’t wait! I’ve always been interested in the Depression Era Gangsters. I’m not a fan of Harrelson’s work, outside of Cheers. But really enjoy Costner’s stuff. Should be a great flick!

18. Robert F. Ciancio Jr.

Robert F. Ciancio Jr. Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jun 25, 2014
    My problem with movies and TV is that I use them as relaxation things. If I stopped watching movies and TV shows because actors are usually liberals, I'd never watch anything.

Fatbob Frank and Old Sea Dragon like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted