1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
KGB Customs LLC
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of Pre-war stable mates, 1938 King's Custom 22LR Officer's Model, and a 1939 ????? Customized Colt Heavy Barrel 38 Officer's Model.

One lightly Customized, Pre War Colt Heavy Barrel Officer's Model 38 special...The stocks on this particular unit are quite unique, note the seam is offset, I have not seen this before! Also the widened checkered and polished hammer!

And the 22, Kings red front, kings white outline rear, trigger face fully checkered, action job, hammer modified kind of like a Bisley hammer (not widened, likely one of modication), grips are superb, checkered in the pattern Colt used on Flat top target Bisleys and New Service Targets (likely one of from Kings as well) I am waiting on the letter reflecting direct shipment to Kings in 1938...

These will hurt to send down the road for certain!

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Line Metal Tan Stationery Steel
Photograph Revolver Tan Silver Gun accessory
Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Bicycle saddle Metal Material property
Brown Tan Shotgun Trigger Revolver
Metal Silver Steel Revolver Kitchen utensil
Tan Leather Silver
Carbon Leather
Brown Metal Tan Household hardware String instrument accessory
Metal Steel Silver Tool Air gun

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Both amazing but the .22 is truly something to behold. Karl was kind enough to show me these when I stopped in for a visit a couple weeks back. I was actually a little scared to hold the .22. Definitely a one of a kind gun you’ll never see again.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Wow, those are a couple of beauties.

·
KGB Customs LLC
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are gems, I still use a viper from time to time, but nothing near that kind of quality,
You may want to reconsider the use of that Viper, considering they are selling for 2-3x what either of my Colt's will bring! I agree the prewar guns displayed here are much finer crafted hardware, but the market likes them snake names!

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
You may want to reconsider the use of that Viper, considering they are selling for 2-3x what either of my Colt's will bring! I agree the prewar guns displayed here are much finer crafted hardware, but the market likes them snake names!

Thanks Karl, I am aware and in fact I have a couple of "collectables". I do not shoot the Viper much, just to check sights with ammo and a brief refresher.

Trick is, if it's in this house, it will get worked. Sandy Garrett did the action, it really is an exceptional wheelgun for those days I might use it. It's just a lot better than using a J frame. If that Viper has some of the features of the classics shown.. then it might have gotten retired!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.