Covid Quarantine

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by DAHoyle, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I didn't think I was pushing fear, and wasn't trying to amp it up as the two political parties seem to be milking it for all they can get out of it. That the responses to my posts contain reference to inaccurate political affiliation distresses me, but I'll get over it.

My contact with medical professionals is limited, I don't have any inside scoop on Covid 19, but I discipline myself not to take advice on Covid 19 from the President, Rush Limbaugh or Joe Biden. I am a member the Community Emergency Response Team here in Las Vegas and have been sidelined, de-mobbed, if you will, because of my age. The medical team have designated me at risk & I am ashamed of it.

I know seven people who are front line workers in medicine in Las Vegas and Los Angeles who I speak to frequently that paint a different picture from what we get from the politicians, talk radio, interweb forums. They don't understand all aspects of this virus. That they are learning about a new virus concerns them all in regards to what they don't know. That CDC guidelines aren't being followed uniformly across our country concerns them.

And the timing for all this is so incredibly wrong and tragic for us and our economy. With the presidential race soon approaching and Joe Biden coming out with the statement about mask wearing it has the potential of further dividing our country into Biden supporters masking up, washing hands and social distancing and the President Trump supporters doing the direct opposite, which will result in lengthening the time it takes to getting our hands around this virus.

I don't believe CDC guidance is democratic propaganda, nor am I a democrat. My concern about the virus isn't that it will kill off humanity, but rather than if we don't stop the spread it potentially will destroy the world wide economy that will have unpredictable consequences.

isialk and Mike Meints like this.
  2. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    I’ve tried to keep up with the scientific information involved in the pandemic because it’s part of my educational background. I only wish I had what it took intellectually to be in the lab helping to find out more about this virus and how to fight it. I confess there are so many sources of changing and seemingly conflicting information, I cant keep up. This and the division involved in most of the media discussions including some of the social media posts on this forum are, in a word, depressing. @Scaramouche, I know you’re a gritty guy who doesn’t take kindly to having others be protective of you. I would be bent too, but don’t be ashamed. Those folks are just trying to help keep you safe. I for one appreciate that. We’re gonna need you around to keep grinding through this world we got running now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bonjorno2

bonjorno2 Member

Aug 10, 2012
    My brother had it for about a week. Flu like symptoms for a few days then bad headaches and diarrhea.

4. coltster

coltster New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    quarantine? I had something in april and may went away ive been like this for 3 years lol

5. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Mouche I don't think this is a fair statement. While I'm sure there are some folks that will refuse to comply and are most likely Trump supporters I don't feel that applies to all. I mask up if required to enter a business which at this point we are, I certainly wash my hands more than the average person, and I'm a big fan of social distancing but not necessarily because of Covid.

6. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I tend to generalize on the forum believing effective communication in this format should be kept around 50 words. Getting into a finer level of detail most likely would require a lot more verbiage & would test attention spans.
    And I have found I’m less than a perfect vessel in expressing ideas on the forum, frequently they seem mistaken.
    I’m a lot like you having practiced social distancing long before it’s present popularity.

isialk, Babboonbobo and Slapshot like this.
  7. Jennifers

Jennifers Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Yeah, I had it. "High risk, off the charts you are going to die, OMG, get to the doctor if you sneeze!" I was mildly sick for two days with a couple of coughs, a gallon of snot, the third day I was fine. When I did go to the doc, she had a fit! "I could have died? Hell Doc, I'm old, in pain 24/7, I'm going to die sooner or later, if God wants me knows where I am, and if He doesn't want me 'I am as safe on the battlefield as I am in my mothers' arms.'" That last part was what Stonewall Jackson told one of his soldiers when he said he was afraid to go into battle, you might like to look up the entire quote. I don't want to die, but I am not afraid of dying, but what scares me more than dying, is I might suddenly start voting demonrat in the next election if I do die!

8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Wife was at the doctors for pulled muscle and they lost their minds that she had some so called symptoms (she always has the same issues, has for better part of a decade) anyways they insisted she take a test. She just had one a month ago, when we questioned why take another, the doctor (fill in on call dr) got very rude and was kind of screaming that he doesnt care what we think! He knows better and you don’t get it from touching stuff or others but only from droplets in the air! He’s diagnosed 30+ cases and he knows? Our area hasn’t had 30 cases???? So not sure where he’s diagnosing all these cases?
    Anyways the wife called our family doctors PA and she said yes go ahead and get the test so she did and just got the results Sunday, negative as expected!
    I don’t trust any of the info out there or the numbers, they are soooo skewed there’s no way any info is accurate!
    I still firmly believe if we eliminated all this protective crap and get on with it that we would have been done with this months ago! And sorry but no one will change my mind in that

Mike0251 likes this.
  9. PeterNSteinmetz

PeterNSteinmetz Active Member

Sep 15, 2019
    That was essentially the Swedish experience.

10. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted