1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in to one of my favorite shops earlier today. One of the sales guys said he hoped I didn't want to buy a gun today. We have the "insta-check" system. Goes through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation through to the NCIC. Around 12:30p there was a 17 hour wait with over 1700 folks in the queue!!

Everyone must've gotten their tax refund!! Buyers filled out the forms and will come back on Monday or so to pick up their purchases. Nuts! Didn't see anything I wanted so left.

I did stop at the grocery store though on my way home and was able to finally buy some tp and paper towels! :laugh:

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Dammit man, I filed last year . . . .

Don't I get a year off for good behavior?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure though my county SO has stopped processing ccw applications until the end of March. Allegedly concern during the fingerprinting process.

Our new sheriff is a real winner, couldn't get hired as a deputy, fired from prior departments, ousted the prior sheriff at election time solely due to having a "R" next to his name. New guy is a D. Grrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Yup! same here in CT...a buddy of mine went to Hoffman's Gun Store...they were giving out numbers like in the cold cuts line at the grocery store...he had number 213 and they were only at number 110! The salesman asked if he was going to buy a pistol...luckily he wasn't so they took care of him....and we have a mandate to call the State Firearms Unit when buying...figure about 8-10 min per transaction...it would have been around 17hrs!!! Unreal!!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yup! same here in CT...a buddy of mine went to Hoffman's Gun Store...they were giving out numbers like in the cold cuts line at the grocery store...he had number 213 and they were only at number 110! The salesman asked if he was going to buy a pistol...luckily he wasn't so they took care of him....and we have a mandate to call the State Firearms Unit when buying...figure about 8-10 min per transaction...it would have been around 17hrs!!! Unreal!!
wow! Luckily I got my LTT Thursday and sold two as well. Good thing I didn’t go this weekend. Between the panic and all the “other” lowers I figured it would be busy but not like that. Hoffman’s also did themselves in with the “no fee” transaction while have commissioned salesman...

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
wow! Luckily I got my LTT Thursday and sold two as well. Good thing I didn’t go this weekend. Between the panic and all the “other” lowers I figured it would be busy but not like that. Hoffman’s also did themselves in with the “no fee” transaction while have commissioned salesman...
@JM44 ....I NEED a review of that LTT!!! I've been jonesing for one...or a WC BrigTac....

Reactions: JM44

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Not sure though my county SO has stopped processing ccw applications until the end of March. Allegedly concern during the fingerprinting process.

Our new sheriff is a real winner, couldn't get hired as a deputy, fired from prior departments, ousted the prior sheriff at election time solely due to having a "R" next to his name. New guy is a D. Grrrrrr.
I call BS on the finger printing deal. That’s just a way he can “infringe” on folk’s rights for a little while...OR the lazy SOB just doesn’t want to do his job...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
@JM44 ....I NEED a review of that LTT!!! I've been jonesing for one...or a WC BrigTac....
will do! I was thinking of doing one compared to my WC centurion in the near future. Unfortunately i do not have a brigtac to compare to. Just took them both to the range yesterday for the first time. I would like to get some more range time before I pass judgment as my experience with the platform is very limited, what can I say I am a 1911 guy! With that said, my first impressions of the LTT, especially with the NP3, are very favorable. Also very nice people to deal with. When I called them to order it she apologized for me having to wait a week for them to get the NP3 10 rounders. I said ma’am I am a 1911 guy, we usually count our wait times in months or years.

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
I call BS on the finger printing deal. That’s just a way he can “infringe” on folk’s rights for a little while...OR the lazy SOB just doesn’t want to do his job...
actually...in CT numerous PD's stopped doing public fingerprinting as a precautionary measure to help stem any spreading of the COVID-19 virus.....apparently folks took offense to that and petitioned the Chief State's Attorney that then sent out a directive stating PD's SHALL offer fingerprinting.....I told our guys to hang a sign saying "We SHALL offer fingerprinting...when the madness is over..."....LOL....but in all seriousness...it's not so much an infringement as a precaution...if one of my Officers is doing public fingerprinting and contracts the virus...and then is back on the road without knowing it and is dispatched to a Rehab Center or Senior Center (we are all EMT's and First Responders too) then infects the folks there with compromised immune systems.....well...I'm sure you can imagine what shitstorm that would create....not everything these days is an infringement....some is just common sense and common decency...

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Maybe this is why you and I still pay taxes every year. It's the "good behavior" part that's tricky! ;)
to heck with it...renounce your citizenship...don't leave...stay as an "undocumented worker"...and you'll never have to pay taxes and you'll get all the benefits you want!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
actually...in CT numerous PD's stopped doing public fingerprinting as a precautionary measure to help stem any spreading of the COVID-19 virus.....apparently folks took offense to that and petitioned the Chief State's Attorney that then sent out a directive stating PD's SHALL offer fingerprinting.....I told our guys to hang a sign saying "We SHALL offer fingerprinting...when the madness is over..."....LOL....but in all seriousness...it's not so much an infringement as a precaution...if one of my Officers is doing public fingerprinting and contracts the virus...and then is back on the road without knowing it and is dispatched to a Rehab Center or Senior Center (we are all EMT's and First Responders too) then infects the folks there with compromised immune systems.....well...I'm sure you can imagine what shitstorm that would create....not everything these days is an infringement....some is just common sense and common decency...
Sir, you can justify it anyway you want, but infringement is infringement. I noticed you used the democrat’s “common sense” terminology too. You know like them calling for “common sense” gun laws...(roll eyes here).

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Sir, you can justify it anyway you want, but infringement is infringement. I noticed you used the democrat’s “common sense” terminology too. You know like them calling for “common sense” gun laws...(roll eyes here).
ahhh...yeah...NOT...two different animals...try to stay on topic...this is about public exposure while fingerprinting...nothing else...move along and have some common sense...;)...oh and our SERVICE of providing fingerprints is not A RIGHT...show me in the Constitution that we have to provide fingerprints (for Pistol permits, teachers records, or stock brokers who have their licenses) and maybe THEN we can embark on a spirited discussion....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,330 Posts
...;)...oh and our SERVICE of providing fingerprints is not A RIGHT...show me in the Constitution that we have to provide fingerprints (for Pistol permits, teachers records, or stock brokers who have their licenses) and maybe THEN we can embark on a spirited discussion....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sir, your SERVICE of providing fingerprinting to exercise a RIGHT, is an infringement. It may be LAW, but, it is unconstitutional. There should be no eagerness to enforce such an unconstitutional law.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts