1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning made some coffee and went to check on my recent purchases online. And what do I see , a purchase from Goody's out of Texas. (WTF) Iv'e been hacked. Who ever got my info tried to make a purchase this morning . So cancelled the card . Keep an eye on your purchases people these people are everywhere trying to take your hard earned money. Have a good memorial day. Thank you for your service and sacrifices.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Got up this morning made some coffee and went to check on my recent purchases online. And what do I see , a purchase from Goody's out of Texas. (WTF) Iv'e been hacked. Who ever got my info tried to make a purchase this morning . So cancelled the card . Keep an eye on your purchases people these people are everywhere trying to take your hard earned money. Have a good memorial day. Thank you for your service and sacrifices.
That keeps happening to me with large purchases from Browells, Ed Brown, GunBroker, and Palmetto State.

I wish whoever was doing it would improve their tastes and start ordering from GI, Nighthawk, or Wilson . . .

Fortunately for me, I have "ship to address registered on card" turned ON for these accounts . . . . :cool:

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,737 Posts
I learned to watch my cards along time ago when it happened to my work issued cc!

I ordered diamond polishing paper from a smaller company and used my employee cc to do the order ($450) and about three weeks later Deana (financial dept) called me and asked what I was doing with my card because they got a low available credit notice! My limit was $30,000 and my card was at $25k in three weeks!

Turns out the kids who took my order wrote down my card info and went on a shopping spree for everything a growing kid could want???!! How did they not think they would be caught?

So needless to say I have set up my cards so I get a text for any purchase over $50 and I also have to call credit reporting agencies when applying for credit to prove its me. It can be a hassle but I know I’m protected and will continue to do it this way.
Best of luck and stay on top of it guys, it’s easier today than ever to steal from people!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have my email and cell blow up on all transactions.. works great.. most CC cards and banks have that free feature.. you can also turn on TWO step authentication for some log-ins/transactions like paypal and large financial institutions.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had to sign up for Life Lock. Twice cards hsbeen stolen. Just recently someone used my id to purchase three iPhones. Would not have caught it without having delivery alerts for UPS. Had an alert saying delivery coming. Didnt have anything on order. So looked into it. They where coming from Tmobile. Don't have them as a provider. Called them and explained what was going on. They said wait till next day. Did that. Got notice that they where delivered. Went outside nothing. Called local UPS and asked about it. Was told that it had been changed to a pickup and had been picked up already. Told the girl what happened, she started the process of reporting it. Reported the theft of my I'd to all credit bureaus and signed on to Life Lock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts