close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crimson Trace Laser Grips? anyone like them?

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by dgi, Sep 21, 2011.

1. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 10, 2011
    Since i'll be keeping my TRP, i was thinking about throwing on a set of CT laser grips... Has anyone used these? can anyone talk about them? Are they easy to zero? I figure on a HD gun, when something goes bump in the night, they may come in handy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DGI

2. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I have a set of the first generation Laser Grips on my Norinco, the kind with the activation switch on the panel. I liked them from the first time. As long as you know your point of impact from your sight, just adjust it to your sight, vey easy.

The bump in the night is the same reason I have mine.

3. *NOVA*

*NOVA* Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Laser dot should not be your primary method for aiming. Iron sites will never let you down but batteries can and will.

That being said...

Used as an alternative means for getting rounds on target, excellent. Great tool for training, you can vastly improve your trigger pull technique (not as much an issue with 1911 triggers, but I'm talking about long pull Dual Action on revolvers for instance).

Don't know if CT will offer another rebate like they did this past June, but it was a great deal $50.00 rebate so I bought two sets. One for my Ruger GP100 and the other for a SW Model 10.

Self defense / Home defense its a good thing to have anything to put the odds more in your favor and makes it easier to get rounds on target if you are shooting behind cover and unable to line up yor sites. CT is coming out with nicer looking grips - wooden grips definitely look nicer than plastic.

Very easy to zero, just follow the provided directions. Don't over adjust - it only takes maybe a quarter turn to move the dot several inches at close range. If the round your shooting has fairly flat ballistic profile and you have presence of mind to realize laser is approx one inch below your boresight, you can set it up theoretically for parallel POA at an infinite distance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted