Crimson trace lasergrips?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Jaybird09, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Jaybird09

Jaybird09 New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    i own a springfield armory 9mm range officer. I am considering adding the crimson trace lasergrips. Is this a good idea?.

john_anch_ak likes this.
  2. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Explain where you will be utilizing it. If for home defense I say no,no,no!
    It’s a tell tale sign for the perps to shoot at in the dark.

Patton2018 likes this.

3. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Oh! And welcome to the best forum for 1911 Addicts.
    D37EE82E-EC29-4490-8009-00187AFEB829.jpeg

Mike Meints likes this.
  4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Don’t really have an opinion but I do have a set on one if my 1911s they’re fun to play with and practice with. I sit and hold the dot on an outlet across the room then practice pulling the trigger without coming off of the outlet.

Oh and welcome from nw Ohio

John Blazy likes this.
  5. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    For about 100 clams you can get an itarget setup for home practice with positive feedback right on your phone.

https://www.itargetpro.com/

John Blazy likes this.
  6. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
  7. John Blazy

John Blazy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 20, 2018
    That is awesome - I am sooo ordering one right now. My issue is flinching when pulling trigger (even when positioned perfectly), and as a lefty, sometimes throws my shots left or right. This will allow me to discipline that out before I hit the range.

BenchMonkey and john_anch_ak like this.
  8. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Welcome from Alaska! I have Crimson Trace laser sight on a couple of my pistols. While it is true that the bad guy can see where the laser comes from it can also make the bad guy think twice when that dot is on his chest. When bad things happen you can get tunnel vision along with a huge dump of Adrenalin. I like the laser sight. 20150913_173442(1).jpg

9. NH45

NH45 New Member

May 14, 2017
    Green is the way to go.

Tarpon Hunter likes this.
  10. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Anything that gets you on target is a good thing

11. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    I have both and don't really see any difference between the two

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  12. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    I have one built into my Ruger LCR in .357. It is meant and designed as quick point and shoot, at close range defensive weapon to protect my life. It is one "tool" in the proverbial tool box, its meant for a specific use. Up close and personal...point and shoot style.

Babboonbobo, john_anch_ak and Stogies like this.
  13. Tarpon Hunter

Tarpon Hunter Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018
    I have a Springfield RO Elite .45 Champion for EDC with a laser grip and love it. Not to have one on a home defense gun is plain wrong. Since it only comes on by your finger pressure, you could keep it off until the instant you have to shoot. Now a rail mounted laser or flashlight even, that requires a hand off the grip to activate is a different story. It's remains on until you reach up and hit the switch. There are books out there that give you strategies for dealing with home invasions.

As an aside... The RO Elites have ambi safeties and I'm left handed. I have an older version laser grip (all black) where the laser is encased within the full width of the top of the grip. It even has a groove to accommodate an ambi safety. The Springfield safety rests on top. I shoot it for months with out a problem. Recently the safety wouldn't disengage when down, but only very sporadicly. I thought it was the gun and sent it to them. They sent it back with a very small right side safety. I sent it right back because it tore my thumb up. They said it was the laser. They are putting the original safety back on. If it is the gun I'll have to send it back yet again. But maybe the screws were loose and the grip rose up a hair.

But because of this whole mess, I discovered the Crimson Trace Master Series and just got the black/grey grips. There is no way the safety can hang up on it and they look great too.

[​IMG]

HOTCHKIS and Stogies like this.
  14. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    need to get a set for my SACS 4in compact

ImperialBlade and Stogies like this.
  15. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    A set on my compact 41193.jpeg

16. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    that looks great! Thanks

17. Tarpon Hunter

May 29, 2018
    Try them in the daylight at 10 yards. Red won't cut it.

purple bikerr likes this.
  18. Tarpon Hunter

May 29, 2018
  19. purple bikerr

purple bikerr Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2016
    I have a set on a Colt Compact. Crimson Trace Laser Grips are a great tool for dry fire practice. You will see if your shots come off target. I dry fire at an electric outlet across the basement, 20 yds.

They are way better, IMHO, than night sights. Tarpon Hunter is right about not seeing the red dot in bright sunshine. Ain't gonna happen, but it will show up in heavy overcast skies. You have the irons on the gun for daylight shooting.

The big advantage is you can shoot and hit your target from unconventional shooting positions.

I believe that the green lasers will show better in daylight. Do your homework before you buy.
    They are on sale now.
    https://tacticalgear.com/crimson-trace-lg-401g-lasergrips-black

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  20. Lee

Lee Active Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Green is far better in daylight situations.
    I have some days that at 15yds the red disappears, but the green is right there
    It is more expensive, but worth it.
    I have about 15 sets.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted