close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crimson Trace vs. Lasermax

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Glock2740, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Big CT fan here. :) Have CT's for G26/27, G19/23, LCP, 1911, M&P9/40, Ruger SP101. Also had one on a XD40SC, but sold it along with the gun. Lasermax for G29/30. Not much of a fan of the LM. Don't like the blinking light and it has to be turned on without just grabbing the gun. CT's are ALOT brighter too. Out of the CT's, it was just made for the M&P. I use the medium backstrap on my M&P's and the CT is a medium grip. Don't care for them as much on my Glocks. But have used them quite a bit. The LCP uses a CT Laserguard. Not a fan of the LG, but it's all they offer for the LCP and I wouldn't own an LCP without one. I like them on a 1911, but the grips detrat in looks on a 1911 IMO, except for my RIA Compact, which is basiclly sightless. LOL!

2. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    girls use lasers!! In all honestly from an instructor standpoint, I do not care for them other than to visually show shooters weaknesses. I think they would be beneficial on a carry gun, but i see too many people come to rely on them. My gripes are battery life and with finger off trigger, you see no red dot!!!

3. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I like the CTs on guns that it replaces the panels on. Such as the M&P and a 1911. I did not like the older model for the Glock at all, I have not played with the new one yet.

I do like the LCP style as well.

I need to order the one for my P238 at some point.

4. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I had CT for a couple of my glocks, but they left and lasermax took over. I do like the 1911 ct grips though.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I had a few CT's and I liked them well enough, but you know what got in the way.. GRIPS.. I like this one and I can still have my grips... Cheers.. Ron

[​IMG]

6. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    If I end up keeping my Sig I am going to stick a TLR-2 on it as well. I will see later tonight after my Glock 19 returns back home if I want to keep the Sig.

7. Wilson kimber and kimber

Wilson kimber and kimber New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I never had a lasermax, but i have 2 crimson trace lasers( 1 for sw j frame, and glock 26) .

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I really like the Insight quick disconnect and my X2 and XL2 worked great.. I bought a new M4 and it was loose on the rail 8( major disapointment.. I switched to the TLR2s and it's been great. I've ran close to 1000 rounds through the pistol using the laser and it still works.. I'm happy.. ron

9. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    My LaserMax UNI was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't really expect much, but after a few hundred rounds on the bottom of my XDm9, it started switching itself off from recoil.

At first I thought it had something to do with how loose/tight the battery compartment was. Then I thought it may be that the contacts were getting dirty from muzzle blast. Nothing really seemed to fix it.

At $80 or so, I was too lazy to claim warranty on it.

I still use my Insight M6, but it's more for the light than anything else. It holds its zero, but I've noticed that using the teeter-totter switch on the back, if I'm holding the switch down, it can torque the unit enough to cause it to shift off-zero.

I know that lasers can be advantageous under certain conditions, but for me, it's not something that I either use regularly or train with: nevertheless, I think I'd appreciate it when I'm dialing 911 from behind the bed...I can at least take comfort in knowing that my shot will be very close to where it's aimed.

10. goyena72

goyena72 My RO

Feb 23, 2012
    Besides girls, many of us with an astigmatism find the laser sights a blessing. Put on some trifocal glasses and see how consistent you are able to shoot.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted