close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cross Breed SuperTuck question

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by gruntmedik, Sep 5, 2011.

1. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I've been looking at the SuperTuck for a commander length 1911, but would like to know if it covers the muzzle or not. It appears it doesn't from their webpage, but I'd like to hear from someone who owns one. I greatly prefer the muzzle to be covered.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011

3. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I was afraid of that. I have an MTAC, and like it, except the leather is cut to where it doesn't completely cover the safety. I have actually had the safety clicked off when I unholster at night.

4. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    My safety has NEVER disengaged, FWIW. Super comfortable holster though, I love mine!

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    do you have a Mtac? he was having the safety disengage with the MTac.

6. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
    I use one with my G26 and love it.. tempted to try one with my SA GI.

7. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Nope, I was saying with the CBST, I've never had my safety disengage. I haven't used an MTac though. Just in case he's thinking of buying a CBST for the 1911.

8. Jim S.

Jim S. Evil Capt. Kirk from G.T.

Aug 25, 2011
    Why would you want the muzzle to be covered in a IWB holster?
    Just wondering?
    It is kind of a added plus that the CBST can be used fro any size 1911.
    And it is the most comfortable holster I have ever used, especially for a large hand gun.

9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    One school of thought is that there could be a slight chance that the front sight could get hung up during the draw.

10. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I was thinking more about the barrel collecting lint and debris?? I read a post about this on another forum and never quite understood about it. I can see possibly the lint collecting, but is that really a problem other than being a PIA to clean it out all the time? Your answer is a better clarification on some differences!

11. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I use a CBST with 5" guns and the muzzle is indeed uncovered, or rather, extends beyond the leather. You'll get cold steel on your leg and hip.

12. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ That's one - but that steel also gets hot, too - particularly if you're taking a high-volume-live-fire concealed-carry class. :wink: I had thought that might be an issue, before I took my first serious concealed class this weekend, but decided to just shrug it off: and you know what? it is a concern, particularly for those of us who don't wear a tucked-in undershirt as a buffer between the gun/holster and the rest of our body. The leg of my boxers kept me from getting burned, but it was still, at times, somewhat less than totally comfortable.

jst1tym, the lint/debris issue I haven't had any trouble with, with any of my open-ended holsters: but one thing that's commonly reported is that open-muzzle IWB holsters do cause a bit faster wear on one's pants.

13. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    yes yes, I did forget, how could I forget, about that hot muzzle on my leg...i should have a scar bu thankfully I don't.

14. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ :lol:

My true-EDC fits my Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro holster *exactly* - the leather stops exactly past the muzzle, but it's an open-muzzle holster. So, this weekend, when I stuck my longer "class-gun" in there, I was, like, "wow, that's warm!!!" :lol:

15. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Couple reasons. Some may be a non-issue due to me over thinking the concept.

#1) The possibility of FS snagging clothing
    #2) The muzzle in direct contact with skin
    #3) The possibility of the gun to become dislodged from the holster when sitting due to muzzle contacting seat. This is the one I'm probably over thinking.

I still may try one, but these issues have nagged at me.

16. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    That's a good one, indeed.

I don't think that you're over-thinking it. I do think that's, however remote, still a possibility. I certainly have not encountered it, yet, but my CBST is an "occasional" piece of equipment for me, and I've also only been carrying since April, so that's definitely a very limited sampling. Nevertheless, I can imagine it happening.

Maybe not just your average sit-down-in-a-desk-seat kind of motion, but definitely a possibility that cannot be ruled-out.

17. papa t

papa t New Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Started building my own to cover the slide. A friend had a CBST an wore holes in his pants.

[​IMG]

18. 2001SportTJ

2001SportTJ 1911 Totin' Redneck!

Sep 17, 2011
    Those clips will wear holes in your shirts. I had the same clips on my holster for my Glock....

I have two holsters similar to the CBST(almost identical) and I love them. I have never had a problem with the FS wearing holes in my pants or any problems with the FS getting hung up when drawing. The retention is tight and I have never had the gun come out of the holster. Most of my experience has been with my Glock holster since I just got my holster for my Kimber earlier this week, but the retention is better for my 1911 holster than my Glock holster so I don't expect to have any problems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got them from Tommy Theis at theisholsters.com. I can not recommend him enough. He has great customer service and I received both of my holsters in under a week after ordering them.

19. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    I use my CBST with my XD and it is by far the nicest holster I've every used! I love mine.

20. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm a HUGE fan of the CBST for anything. I have them for Glock, 1911, M&P and XD. :thumb:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted