1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, maybe not illegal, but definitely an alien . . . .

Gentlemen, my first Ballester Molina. A nice example methinks. To the untrained eye, she looks just like a 1911, but at several points along the way, I was reminded of just how much of a 1911 this one ain't! No grip safety, non-removable "mainspring housing," pinned trigger, thumb safety will engage, cocked or not . . . . . .

Serial number dates it to around 1949 from what I can determine by my limited research.

Props to @schofield for helping me out on a barrel bushing for this one. When I received it, the bushing was stainless, which stuck out like a sore thumb. This one is a "Policia Maritima" or Argentinian Coast Guard issue. Not all matching parts, the barrel and bushing being the most obvious. Everything else looks good.

This one has the smallest import stamp I have ever seen. At first, I thought it was lacking one. It's almost a "micro stamp."

Anyway, enough typing. Onto the photos . . . . .

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

Brown Wood Gun Firearm Photograph

Gun Firearm White Line Trigger

Gun Firearm Photograph White Trigger

Gun Firearm Trigger Black Gun accessory

Product Office equipment Laptop part Electronic device Line

Metal Iron Tan Steel Household hardware

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to take a photo or two of this "world's tiniest" import stamp. I almost missed it, but it's there.

I cannot read it fully. Anyone know who this references? Looks like something from California.

Full resolution photos below . . . . .

Material property Lock

Metal Material property Cable Steel Electronics accessory

Reactions: 41 Charlie

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,425 Posts
Is that the one where the trigger rotates instead of sliding backwards?

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that the one where the trigger rotates instead of sliding backwards?
Yes sir, that is how it operates. There is a transfer bar that travels under the right grip to release the hammer. You can pull the trigger fully whether the thumb safety is engaged or off. The safety disconnects the trigger transfer bar from the hammer release.

Iron Metal Household hardware Tan Composite material

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

Bicycle part Iron Paper Shotgun Tool

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,425 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.