1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call today that my Les Baer came in. After I filled out the background on the computer at the shop I was told it will take over two day and 9380 people are waiting for approval. First time I ever left a store after doing the background and not able to take the gun. While I was there I saw a lady with a surgical like mask on looking at buying her first gun. "does it keep firing or do I have to keep pulling the trigger?" it was a Glock. Crazy times.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Good for the local GS
Not sure it's the best for the firearms industry with people with zero knowledge to have them.
But I believe they each have the right to have them, and hopeful the fulfill the responsibility of having them.
On the up side in a few months the used gun market ought to be great when all those folks decide they don't really need a gun! Maybe or better yet they learn how to use and enjoy them and we have a whole bunch of new addicts!

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
God Bless those first time gun owners and newest members of the Conservative party . . . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to do a transfer last Saturday, wait was 5 hours so I said I’d come back later. Called later, wait time was up to 20 hours, next day it was up to 24 hours.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Yep panic buying at its best!

Guns, ammo & components are flying off the shelves if there any even left in stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Registered
722 Posts
Last Saturday, I walked into Centennial because they had two Korths in stock, and I wanted to put my hands all over one of them before I forked over that much cash. Walked in, did a 180 and headed right back out. Should have realized when I had a hard time parking. Place was jammed to the rafters with no social distancing. Could have gotten to second base just trying to squeeze through the aisle, although the odds were 70/30 it would have been with a dude. So I suppose like unintentional Grindr.

In the nano-seconds I pondered the scene before turning right around, I realized with all the customers packed tight as hell and fingering every firearm in stock, any firearm I wanted to touch would be like a petrii dish. Let alone Corona Virus, whatever flu, stomach ailment, head lice, or other mass affliction of the human condition was all congealing into a super-stew of contagion right before my eyes.

Walked into Windsor Armory yesterday, and even my small-town local gun store was cleaned out. Figure it is the influx of new Coloradans who displaced all the oil-field workers after being priced out of Fort Collins and Denver who suddenly realized it might be a good idea to be armed when King Soopers gets a shipment of toilet paper and ramen.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trigger Time Gun Club ( by 25 and 119) has Korth every once in awhile and I got to handle a few. Man they are so nice and I would love to shoot one some day.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
late Friday it was over 9,000 in front of me. I'm going to guess I'll get it Tuesday. Shop is closed Monday.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I've got that little Savage 7.65mm coming in early this week.

Last time I picked up a gun from my FFL it was, fill out the 4473, let them take a peek at my Georgia Weapons Carry License, and I'm out the door - once I pay the transfer fee. All in all, about 15 minutes if I don't stand around and BS with the owner . . . . . .

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got that little Savage 7.65mm coming in early this week.

Last time I picked up a gun from my FFL it was, fill out the 4473, let them take a peek at my Georgia Weapons Carry License, and I'm out the door - once I pay the transfer fee. All in all, about 15 minutes if I don't stand around and BS with the owner . . . . . .
That's usually how it goes with me but yesterday was the first time in my life I filled out the background check and left with out my gun. I know it's not a big deal and I'm not left unarmed but still a little unnerving.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
While I was there I saw a lady with a surgical like mask on looking at buying her first gun. "does it keep firing or do I have to keep pulling the trigger?" it was a Glock. Crazy times.
Lord help us. Beam me up Scottie!:roflmaro:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Im having a Colt mailed out on monday. I thought I'd stop into my LGS on friday to drop off the sellers info and he said please get your purchase permit at your police dept. (which i always do, walk in&out) as he has no idea how long before any approvals return. One of the larger stores near me sold over 900 firearms in the last week so I'm sure everyone is in for a wait, except me haha, I'll find out monday.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Last week I got a good deal on a Colt Gunsite Government........just like the one I had that I sold to buy the Commander version that I sold to buy this :roflmaro:. I guess I qualify as an addict :D

Went in to the receiving shop in the south Denver metro area yesterday to do the background check. Pistol arrived today, as of 4:30p mst there were approx 11,400 folks in the queue for the check. I'm hoping to pick it up mid-week. The store said as long as the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) continues to run checks even if we get "shelter in place" from our idiot governor they will set up appointments for the customers to come in and pick up their firerarms.

Fingers crossed. Many of the stores here are running low on inventory, almost no ammo in the "popular" calibers either. Shades of years past when we got various stupid gun laws.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Up until two weeks ago we in Michigan didn't have to do the checks if you had a CCW. That changed, apparently since we are now a weed for everyone state. Just dumb stuff all around. My FFL is in a small town hardware store, where they sell guns almost on the side. I had to pick up some sand paper yesterday and they had sold 8k worth of guns, almost the entire inventory.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts