1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Go Ahead, Make My Day!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clark Custom 45acp Colt , Built in 1979 By Clark- Slide is Numbered and Dated , Lots of Bells and Whistles, Tiger Tooth Frontstrap, Bomar Sights, Colt Barrel But Accurized.Old School but Very Cool. Clark "Combat" Package.
From Clark Web Site
Accuracy guarantee 4.25″ guns is 3″ 10 shots at 50 yards
Features

• Accuracy Package
    • 4lb Trigger Job
    • Reliability Package
    • Low mounted Bo-Mar BMCS style rear sight with Clark Cross Dovetail front sight
    • Combat style hammer
    • Beavertail grip safety
    • Extended thumb safety
    • Checker front strap 20 LPI
    • Function & Accuracy test
On Clark Custom Supplied Caspian $2600

$2200 Shipped. Long Layaways Possible
Now $2050 Shipped
$1950 shipped to forum members or Clark Custom can make you one on a caspian for $2600 !!!

SOLD!!!

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
It was fairly common back in the day to put S&W adjustable rear sights on a 1911
True, except nobody put them on this particular gun.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have owned lots of Clark guns in my life, and all were shooters. Never, ever did a Clark have an issue. In my mid-60's now and having trouble with sight picture or this would be mine. Everything about this shooter is perfect. If you have never tried a Clark tiger tooth front grip, well, too bad for you. You won't lose your grip in rain, snow, sleet, mud or blood. Also, Clark liked keeping the old Colt barrel and accurizing it rather than replacing with a "new" one. He said it would save a little money and shoot just as good when he was done. And it always did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have Clark 1911 built in the early 90's that I used for Bullseye shooting that also has the stock Colt barrel. You would send him your stock Colt Series 70 and he would put the barrel in his test fixture and fire it at 50 yards. He said most stock barrels in good shape would shoot as well as the Kart Match barrels. If yours shot fine he would use it for the build and just weld in some material to the lugs so he could fit them. Really the only difference between the after market match barrels and the stock Colt ones were the aftermarket came oversized so they could be fitted. Saved a few dollars using your Colt barrel. I think mine shot just over 2" inches at 50 yards after he was done with it.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I have owned lots of Clark guns in my life, and all were shooters. Never, ever did a Clark have an issue. In my mid-60's now and having trouble with sight picture or this would be mine. Everything about this shooter is perfect. If you have never tried a Clark tiger tooth front grip, well, too bad for you. You won't lose your grip in rain, snow, sleet, mud or blood. Also, Clark liked keeping the old Colt barrel and accurizing it rather than replacing with a "new" one. He said it would save a little money and shoot just as good when he was done. And it always did.
Interesting bit of Clark tiger tooth trivia that many folks don't know is that it was done in one direction for right handed shooters and the other for left so when you gripped the gun it would bite into your hand and keep your fingers from slipping. It's one reason it feels so much different than checkering.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts