Dan Wesson Custom DW A2 Commander

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by JonFrank, May 20, 2019.

1. JonFrank

JonFrank Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    I posted this in the “1911 pic” thread but I’m so pleased with it I decided I’d whore the photos out wherever possible.

Keith was an absolute pleasure to work with because...well...I’m not at times. I had a hard time expressing what I wanted and also changed my mind several times. Keith was always the definition of professional and courteous.

Most everything I custom ordered is run of the mill stuff.

The one thing that I wanted and took the longest to convey was my desire for a round butt frame with an arched MSH. But along with that a supplied flat MSH that was fitted to the frame. The idea wasn’t necessarily for resale, I’ve never sold one of my guns, but if my kiddos who are now 6 and 3 wanted to shoot this pistol and preferred a flat housing.

I sent Keith a pic of a rounded arch that Mr Burton provided me and a Nighthawk arched housing. From there they did their magic. Cause I also wanted them to remove several rows of checkering because when concealing the checkering really chews at my leather seats.

I’m hoping to finally shoot this gun this weekend. Pending another rain storm!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingramite, Otherside, Whiten and 13 others like this.
  2. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Wow, A Pure CCW 1911.
    I have to say sweet build, just awesome, no drag or grip heel to hang on a shirt.

Which finish did you go with? Duty treat?
    Again Congrats on your build, I have to say I’m thinking copyright infringement.

3. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Really digging the black trigger, your kiddos will be lucky to inherit, nicely appointed.

4. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    I like this one a lot! Love the spur hammer and arched (round butt) MSH! Traditional, with just the right contemporary touches! Congratulations, she’s stunning!

Dwe likes this.
  5. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Nicely done indeed!

Congrats!

6. JonFrank

JonFrank Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Thanks for all the kind words guys!

It’s basic matte bluing. I love the look of blued guns and especially worn blued guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgff likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted