Custom Leather Holsters

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by knedrgr, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Soon----Exodus Gunleather

2. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    that Carl?

3. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
    Yeah man.

4. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
  5. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
  6. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
  7. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
  8. goyena72

goyena72 My RO

Feb 23, 2012
    Why spend $75 to $100 on a leather holster when a $35.00 one will do the same job and last just as long? Just check out Ebay.

9. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    The same reason I would spend $2500 on a 1911 when I can get one that does the same job for $500. Quality.

10. bushmasterar15

bushmasterar15 New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Just got mine in from Kelley Gun Leather.

Attached Files:

11. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ For me, it's even more than that....

If I can actually find a $35 holster that did just as well as a $75 or $100 holster, I ain't stupid, I'd definitely go for it.

But I have yet to find one.

The holster I end up actually carrying with or otherwise using tend to average around the $70 mark for Kydex rigs, and $180 to $200 mark, for leather.

For me, it's more than just about pretty stitching or boning. It's more than just nicely formed lines on a Kydex piece. It's about the holster actually having been designed so that it offers the blend of concealment and usability that *_I_* want.

And that takes money..........unfortunately! :lol::animlol:

12. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
  13. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    $75 to a $100 or more may seem like a lot at first, but there is no way a mass produced holster will fit you like custom leather. I have suggested TTGunleather ( Tim Turner) to anybody looking for a holster. Why? Because I have ordered 3 mag holsters, an IWB and an OWB holster as well as a shark dual ply belt from him. The quality is outstanding. That being said, throw all that out the window and here is why a custom holster is the way to go. All my orders were discussed on the phone prior to any work starting. All conversations were 15 minutes or longer directly talking to Tim. He wants you to have exactly what you want. Leather thickness, type of leather, reinforcement, ride height, firearm carry cant, possible belt loop position changes, etc.

If your going to the trouble to pick out an EDC, purchase it, train with and carry it with you always, dosen't it make sense to have a carry rig that lets you continue on with your day while forgetting you are packing?

14. litman252

litman252 New Member

Mar 18, 2012
    http://www.lobogunleather.com/

Pretty good stuff, starts just over $55 ships in 5 weeks or so.

That being said, I've never ordered something like TT discussed above.

Tony

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted