Custom Made Caspian Commander

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by Blackhawk83, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Blackhawk83

Blackhawk83 Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Just back from the range with my newest 1911. This gun was made for me by Ross Carter in Harrison, AR Slide/Frame are Caspian with a Kart NM barrel/bushing and all internals are hand fitted parts from Wilson Combat bullet proof line. Gun is finished in Wilson Combat Armory Kote black and Gray. Gotta love these custom guns.

[​IMG]

2. Blackhawk83

Blackhawk83 Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Cant imagine being more pleased with the gun but I have considered changing front sight to increase durability. What options do you guys think would look best with the gun?

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks good as is,........many folks run a FO front with a target rear.

4. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Congrats on a fine blaster! :thumb:

I have failing eyes and have considered the FO front sight on a couple of my pieces.As far as durability is concerned,I have found a gold bead front sight or an XS dot front sight with tritium is durable as well as visually catching enough for my eyes to pick up on.

Just my .02

DAT85

5. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks good! Question on the finish: you wrote Wilson Combat Armory Kote. Is it Wilson's Armor-Tuff or Springfield's Armory Kote?

How do you like the checkering going all the way up the front of the front strap?

Carter builds good guns. He helped set up Harrison PD with Springfield "Loaded" 1911s a few years back. I'm sure he gave them thorough once-overs...several times. :lol:

Andy

6. Blackhawk83

Blackhawk83 Member

Feb 12, 2012
    My mistake its armor tuff. Checkering is fantastic really provides nice positive purchase.

7. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
  8. CCF

CCF Member

Feb 13, 2012
    :thumb: Very nice!!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted