Custom made cowboy boots $$,$$$.00

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capthobo, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    I heard this lady talking about her custom made cowboy boots on a talk radio show this morning. $10 K for one pair.
    Kinda makes me think that what some of the full custom smiths are charging for 1911s is a bargain.
    Check this out. She even comes to meet you and measures your feet for custom fitting.
    https://customboots.net/what-does-a-custom-made-cowboy-boot-cost/

2. Diablo

Diablo When in doubt, empty the magazine!!!

Nov 28, 2018
    10K what are they made of White Rhino hide??

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    used to be around some Rodeo folks some years ago. I knew custom, handmade boots could go for about $3k, did not know they could get that costly

4. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    For the amount of time she probably puts into each boot, the $10k pricepoint might just be worth it.
    Show a Glockboi a Stan Chen then tell them how much it cost you. The look of utter disgust and 'are you fudgeing crazy' on their face will tell the tale.

simonp, UBOATDOC, mlea5150 and 4 others like this.
  5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Don't let @Joe C see this thread . . . . oops . . .

UBOATDOC, Joe C, Capthobo and 3 others like this.
  6. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    Raised my eyebrows at this one but I spend a lot of money on stuff other people probably think the same way about, so more power to her if she can make a living making boots.

also, her email address is @aol.com

Babboonbobo and blamo like this.
  7. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I don't wear cowboy boots but I watched the video about the custom cowboy hat maker. They ran $600 (rabbit/beaver felt blend)-$800 (pure beaver felt) at the time of the video, custom fit to your noggin and made to your specs. I'd buy one of those for $800, it would last a lifetime.

FWoo45, Joe C, Babboonbobo and 2 others like this.
  8. GaryWWhite

GaryWWhite Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Utterly ridiculous price!!! People in hell want ice water, too.

Stogies likes this.
  9. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Out of my price range, though them custom guns are too. Difference between foot gear and a pistol is you can use them everyday whether or not you go to the range.

10. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013
    My last pair of made to measure custom boots were 3500$ in December. That's enough for shoes IMO.

Novak77, Eric and Stogies like this.
  11. John Deere

John Deere Active Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Don't own any custom boots but I do have 8 pairs of Lucchese exotic boots and between the wife and I we do have 8 custom made Buckaroo Hatters custom hats. That is $$$$$$ in boots and hats but it took several years to collect all those and they will last a lifetime if taken care of.

DRD, gps man, FWoo45 and 4 others like this.
  12. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Clowns I have daily contact with would do the 'ol "New boots?",and promptly run their boot over one.
    Sure they'd look great in a clear evidence bag at the murder trial.

danc1996, FWoo45, Glanoril and 6 others like this.
  13. Win Wolcott

Win Wolcott Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I started having M L Leddy in Ft Worth build my boots about 25 years ago. Today a pair run from $1500 to $3000+ depending on what they are made of. They fit me like they are sprayed on my feet. They stay good enough to use for dress for three soles, then I hang a pair of spurs on them and use them to ride. I still have the first pair that they made, though they told me that they can't sole them again. I used to go through a pair of $150 boots every year, so the value has been good and I wear great custom boots.

DRD, gps man, FWoo45 and 8 others like this.
  14. Acroyer

Acroyer I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 1911 today Supporting Addict

Dec 16, 2015
    That's when you say "New truck?" and run your key down the side of it. See if they are still grinning then.

FWoo45, Glanoril and Kip like this.
  15. Eric

Eric Cav Troopers Dad

Sep 10, 2011
    I have several pair of made to measure boots, not quite in the Lisa Sorrell price range but Wilson Combat price range. Much like calling a custom 1911 smith with custom boots you get what you want and they tend to last. For those on Facebook take a look at Rambling Trails Boots and Ducks Heritage, you might be surprised.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Novak77 and simonp like this.
  16. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Always wanted a pair of Paul Bonds before he passed. Would still like to get into a pair, but I gotta be careful about which finer things I aquire a taste for and so far they haven't made it.

17. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    To be fair,I uh,sorta do the same...
    I'm an 8 year old in a 54 year old body.
    Basically,a "Professional Small Boy" ;)
    And so not to derail...nice boots capthobo!!

Capthobo likes this.
  18. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Well at $10K a pair and making a pair a month with her being the only producer she has just capped her gross income at $120K per year. Not to shabby for home run business and low overhead.

Kip likes this.
  19. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I wouldn’t say low overhead. If she’s buying high end Italian leather from farms with no barbed wire, that stuff ain’t cheap.

Capthobo and Babboonbobo like this.
  20. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Part of my soul died buying ostrich Tony Lama’s.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted