1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Long time 2nd amendment supporter
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to start shooting at 1200+ yards as I have gotten pretty decent at 800 yards with my SAC .308. My question is should I get another custom rifle from SAC or just get a good production gun (i.e. Styer SSG 08, AI AX, etc)? I think I will be paying about the same either way.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Grass Baseball bat Softball bat Silver Steel
I probably lean toward custom. Then you get it exactly how you want it especially if you have already been shooting long range and now know what you prefer. I would also lean toward a 300 norma mag as it seems as though that cartridge is going to do really well long distance. Though for myself I have a couple of 300 win mags and they do fine for me but I haven't tried going out beyond 800 yards with them yet though I know they would do it. That is my most recent project that I had put together.

·
Long time 2nd amendment supporter
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that is a beauty! Proof Research barrel and Manners carbon fiber stock? I think I am going to be going the 338 LM route since I reload a bunch. Who made that rifle for you if I may ask?

·
Registered
631 Posts
As much as we all love custom stuff, if you can get the job done with a factory AI, they're hard to beat. The gun is user serviceable, and will likely never need to see a riflesmith. That's a big deal, to me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow that is a beauty! Proof Research barrel and Manners carbon fiber stock? I think I am going to be going the 338 LM route since I reload a bunch. Who made that rifle for you if I may ask?
I slowly acquired all the pieces to put it together. Then I had Joel Ackerman put it together. He is in North Dakota. 338 lapua will reach out and do what you want for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts