1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/co...blackgray-grip-stainless-finish-p-160673.html

Saw this while browsing the internet. I've never owned a new Colt 1911 and was just browsing around. I love stainless guns so it caught my eye. Does anyone know anything about this model? From what I can gather it was a Lew Horton's limited edition of some kind done by the custom shop. I have no experience at all with Colt's custom shop, does anyone have any feedback positive or negative?

Thanks in advance!

·
SKGRIPS.COM
623 Posts
I have had several and have all been great quality.
I have one now for sale--NIB and several hundred cheaper than your link

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had several and have all been great quality.
I have one now for sale--NIB and several hundred cheaper than your link
Thanks for the input! I've never been one for two tone though, that's what's so appealing to me about this one. Straight stainless on stainless!

·
Double Secret Banned
2,137 Posts
Buy it already.

Reactions: Glanoril

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I'm with Greg, but it.
Shoot it a bunch and write a review so we can all enjoy what you got!

Reactions: Glanoril

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just heard the space center may be closing due to this annoying flu... going to hold off a day or two just in case it puts me out of work. Not too worried but with my luck I'll spend the money and be out of work for a month! Haha.

Thanks all for your feedback.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,720 Posts
https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/co...blackgray-grip-stainless-finish-p-160673.html

Saw this while browsing the internet. I've never owned a new Colt 1911 and was just browsing around. I love stainless guns so it caught my eye. Does anyone know anything about this model? From what I can gather it was a Lew Horton's limited edition of some kind done by the custom shop. I have no experience at all with Colt's custom shop, does anyone have any feedback positive or negative?

Thanks in advance!
I have a really nice SS Colt BNIB.. and you still need to fill your slot anyway.. ;) I didn't forget about ya just haven't gotten there yet.. Not a custom shop model but, is prime stock for a custom..
E0B1BD0E-383A-4A1A-9264-68B72F68C354.jpeg
907A127F-DC5C-4A41-9A71-BF8F99D252A5.jpeg
6621C31B-31C2-481D-A00B-89590142EF22.jpeg
B2EB929C-BD2E-49D5-AA59-6B8C895DDDA7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,720 Posts
Guardian won't work, I don't do duty treat or nitride guns.. Sorry 1.) you can't cut the stuff. 2.) No other real option for refinish. 3.) If just internals it's actually far to Easy to damage the finish when putting in the mill etc.. with the wrong oil or chemical. If I were trying to salvage the finish. Had two nitride guns bite me in the butt very early and have sworn them off since.. Have even sold a bunch of mine..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts