1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with dealing with DW on gun tuning or repairs?

I have a new used ECO 45. It looks like it's not been shot much if even any. No visible signs of wear.

My issue is with the safety. It has a solid positive feel disengaging but mushy engaging, no click. I suppose I should strip it down. Clean and inspect.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,421 Posts
Won't get any warranty work done most likely unless your the original owner, but your best bet is to contact Keith at the NY location. I have had zero luck getting any answers going through DW contacts at CZ as there are very few there that know anything about 1911s.. Keith has been with them for years and your best bet at pointing you where you need to go. Chances are cleaning it won't do anything maybe it was too hard to push up for the previous owner and he shortened the detent pin spring to soften it up.. Or the lobe on the thumbsafety is slightly undercut.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking that you are probably right about the lobe being undercut a little too much. I've been working it on and off and it's actually improved a little. It's not going to get any better than it is now without work I think.

Guess I should buy another safety it seems.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
See what it's doing without the grip safety. I had one that was rubbing the sear pretty good. All it took was a light swipe of a file and now it's fine. You could also just flip it on and off a million times. My new(2021) Vigil CCO had a couple gouges on the end of the detent. I chucked in my cordless drill and ran it on some sandpaper and felt polishing wheel. Much smoother now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts