1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1911 oldie
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of times we bash companies etc, but seldom do we take the time to give kudos to those that do things right.

I'd like to give kudos to Dillion Precision, their customer service just never fails to amaze me. I bought my RL-550B aound 20 years ago and have had very few issues with it over the years, but when I had an issue they have always been helpful and shipped parts no charge if needed.
Today a I recieved a quick change kit. powder measure, toolhead, powder die and a 6.8SPC caliber conversion kit.

Well, it had been a while, several years since I ordered a new powder measure. When I looked at this one I knew right away there was problem, they had redesigned the powder measure mechanisim and the way the Failsafe Rod connects to it.

I called Dillion and before I could even finish explaining the problem the gentlman stops me and says " you have an older press" I'll get the part you need out today, free of charge. He explained how to set it up and to call back if I have any other issues. What a great bunch of people, I hear people complain that their presses cost to much etc. If I ever buy another press it will most certainly be another Dillion, no compromise in quality or in customer service.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Nice to hear that companies stand behind their products. For what it's worth I've also had great experience with RCBS & Hornady. Both have sent me free replacement parts on several occasions. Wish ALL companies did business like this.

·
~
246 Posts
It is always good to hear that a company stands behind its products. Thank you for sharing.

·
1911 oldie
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tell you what else I liked about the experience and hope it's the same way at RCBS and others.
I did not get any voice mail, or have to wade thru a lot of menus and I didn't get the dreaded
push 1 for english bs................:grin:

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Ill second that. Dillon has always been prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous when Ive called with a problem or question. Im very pleased with them as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well Lee has the WORST customer service outside of computers and electronics, which only wish they could be as piss poor as Lee customer (dis)service, in MY experience.

Dillon? What can I say? WOW! Bought a used 550B and it is night and day compared to Lee! Need a part? Call Dillon and they send it to you! FREE! Need help? No problem sir, it is what we are here for! WOW!

RCBS also has sent me parts for dies that were broken or bent, no charge!

I'd start on the various gun companies that screw the customer, but I haven't got the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts