STI Customer Service

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by pscipio03, Sep 30, 2016.

1. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    So, has anyone had any experience with STI's customer service? I left them a voicemail and a email to David Cupp on Monday, and have yet to hear back. I've communicated with someone in their department via Facebook, but he/she is not the person who can help me.
    Just wondering if slow/lack of communications is the norm for them? Would hate to have to write them off as I've enjoyed two of the three 2011's I have, but the newest 4.0 DS Tactical shooting 3 inches low at 7 yds is pretty unacceptable...

2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    No luck with different sights I take it. Sucks they aren't getting back to you.

3. pscipio03

Mar 11, 2013
    Well, Quack made a good point that it very well may not just be the sights-- bad barrel fit could also be an issue. Either way, I'd like to at least get a 'We're busy, but we have you in the queue' email. These guns aren't exactly free.

Kip likes this.
  4. marsh1

marsh1 Member

Aug 17, 2016
    tell them that you will not do business with them anymore and you will advise friends to do the same .

5. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Yeah,hearing something back would be nice.
    We need one of their reps to become a member!!
    Wish you luck getting it resolved,I'd be pretty pissed getting a nice gun and it's not what it's supposed to be. And busy or not,a reply goes a hell of a long way

6. v1911

v1911 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I've used the website to get in contact with them and phone before as well. I got in contact with Zane both via phone and email.

I too had a gun shooting several inches low at just a few yards away. Sent it to them only to get the response that it was within spec. Feeling frustrated, I vented to my neighbor. He threw a laser boresight in it and confirmed their findings. It was my lining up the sights that was off. How lame of me, right?

Either way, STI was quick to get back to me and covered shipping each time I wasn't happy. Second time was because the slide wouldn't lock back. Mags were tuned and they even threw in a bonus mag because it took them a bit longer than expected.

So no complaints here about their CS.

7. pscipio03

Mar 11, 2013
    I would agree that it could be me, but I have two other STI DS and shoot them POA/POI. So, unless the 4.0 is drastically different bore axis, I can't see how it's me. But, a boresight isn't a bad idea anyway.

Kip likes this.
  8. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    I like the boresight idea.

9. v1911

v1911 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I had 2 other STIs as well and they also shot POA/POI. Turns out that the straight 8 sights were throwing me off. I wasn't lining up the front sight properly because it would gravitate to the dot below on the rear sight. Total user error.

Currently in the process of replacing them.

Kip likes this.
  10. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Good catch! :)

11. BHP9

BHP9 Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I've used STI CS twice, and both times it was excellent. I was well looked after.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted