Customized Colt Lightweight Commander Series 80 ~ $2,400.00

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by 1sagestar8, Sep 15, 2016.

1. 1sagestar8

1sagestar8 New Member

Sep 7, 2016
    In my opinion this .45 caliber semi-auto Colt, with its light and sleek design and knockdown power, is the ultimate carry arm. When I started out to have it customized by Jim Stroh, Alpha Precision, Inc. in 1993, money was no object. I had bought the gun new in 1993 (gun manufactured, November 1992). I told Jim, "This is going to be my carry arm. Foremost, I want it to be completely reliable. However, I want it to be very accurate, too. Lastly, I want it to be beautiful." His response was a simple, "I can do that."

I was put on a two-year waiting list and in 1995 I received what has proven to be the finest gun I've ever owned. I gave Jim free hand and he went to town, including too many to mention all customizations, such as: melt the entire gun to be snag free, beavertail grip safety, melted-in Bomar adjustable sight, trigger job, ramp and barrel throat re-cut and polish for positive feed, ejection port lower, shape and polish, barrel customizations and bushing fit, slide tighten and lap to frame, jewel hammer and barrel hood, master blue slide and small parts, beading frame, and some less obvious customizations that I cannot remember at this time. The gun functions flawlessly, is a pleasure to carry and shoot and the trigger pull has astounded and wowed every shooter who has tried it. It has a few cosmetic dings as evidence of being my carry arm for so many years, thank God never used against anyone, but they are minor for the new owner to perfect. The gun has been fired, at most, four hundred rounds in its lifetime and its parts are as new. I hope it will go to someone who needs a lifesaver gun. I will ship from my FFL dealer to yours. I welcome your questions. Selling price $2,400.00

P1160777LSCSHSV.JPG

Special Note: Jim Stroh was chosen "Pistolsmith of the Year" 1996 by the American Pistolsmiths Guild.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Wow! I should have waited. Lol. This is nice and hopefully someone picks this up quickly.

GLWS

Bro. Pappaw likes this.

3. 1sagestar8

1sagestar8 New Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Thanks, jollyroger1. Nice compliment. When you have to part with a gun as special as this one, it means something to know that others know how special it is. Thanks for the GLWS.

4. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Yes sir, I just bought a gun on here otherwise this would be on its way to me.

You're two days too late sir lol.

I hope this doesn't sit long.

5. 1sagestar8

1sagestar8 New Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Thanks, again, jollyroger1, now my friend, for your generous expression of admiration for my old friend. I'm sorry I missed your buying moment and I hope you are thoroughly thrilled with the one you bought and that it serves you well.

If ever there is a perfect place to sell a gun as fine as this, it is here at 1911Addicts. I've never seen a group of people more in-love with these amazing guns, than here. I'm posting it in a few places but I hope that it goes to one of my fellow 1911Addicts members, so that I will be able to vicariously enjoy the new owner's bragging rights to this absolutely one of a kind pistol, customized by American Pistolsmiths Guild's - 1996 Pistolsmith of the Year!

Kip and Jollyroger1 like this.
  6. Bro. Pappaw

Bro. Pappaw Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Awesome weapon. Ought to go quick. GLWS

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  7. 1sagestar8

1sagestar8 New Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Thanks, for the compliment and good wishes, Bro. Pappaw! Take care.

Jollyroger1 and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  8. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    Great looking piece, I love older customs like that. GLWS

9. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    That's a beautiful Colt!!Love the jeweled barrel,j just says precision like a nice bolt action!

10. TexasBB

TexasBB Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 23, 2014
    Very nice! Love the carry melt! GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Stromburg

Stromburg Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I'd love to see more pictures of this one.:cool:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted